Total Pageviews

Monday, December 1, 2014

Survivor Series DVD cover, TNA tapings update, and Questions on Punk's podcast, The Authority in real life, and NDAs

Here's the cover for the DVD for this year's Survivor Series. I like it. I wonder if it's set to entice people shopping who didn't know Sting was at the event.

All three UK dates for TNA in January will be TV tapings. I'm not hugely surprised, although I wonder what this means for potential future One Night Only events. I also wonder which British Boot Camp 2 people will end up joining the roster full-time, and whether we'll see the likes of Kurt Angle and the Hardys as they're not advertised. I think they could be saving the reveal of Angle for a later date to push ticket sales, but who knows with TNA. I don't know if Jeff Hardy can work the UK given his record, but Matt might be in the clear.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Yeah, they could have gone with a lawsuit. I don't think WWE necessarily intentionally picked the date of Punk's wedding, but there's definitely no love lost between the two sides. I suddenly want to see WWE do a take on Punk's wedding. Bad News Barrett could have interrupted with the termination papers right as they were saying the vows.

2. I do think HHH has been less about himself since being distanced from the wrestling role. He's a part-time wrestler and full-time member of Management. That second role is more important and that's the role he's developing more. Stephanie is definitely Vince's daughter in a lot of ways.

3. He and Punk aren't exactly friends, so I imagine he is pretty upset. But what's he really going to do? It's a former employee he will probably never work with again. I imagine he'll focus more on current business as times goes on.

4. I think they probably should pursue such a policy now. That said, I think suing for allegations would bring even more attention to them, and that's now what WWE wants.

5. Punk's a stubborn individual with a strong will. In some ways, that's his best asset. He was determined to prove HHH and Vince wrong, and wasn't intimidated by the odds against that happening.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment