Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Main Event Reax - 12/2/14, WWE nickname official, Raw cameo, Jarrett on WWF departure, Brock updates, more on Sheik documentary, Interview with Aries, Reigns update, Smackdown audience, TLC matches, and Questions on WCW contracts, the WWE locker room banding together, bringing back The Authority, The Monday Night War, and pushing Rowan

Main Event:
I liked Swagger vs. Titus. Swagger's really getting in a groove lately, and Titus fills his role well.

I really liked the post-match promo. It's probably too soon to beat Rusev, but Swagger has really impressed me as someone with the potential to be U.S. Champion.

The tag match was good enough. I'm not crazy about The Bunny as a gimmick, but everyone here did good work.

Solid Usos promo. They're pretty good.

Nice match between Truth and Fandango. I think Fandango's got something worth developing. Truth remains a solid veteran act.

A "stairs match" should be pretty interesting. Honestly, they could probably use a stipulation to make Rowan vs. Show a good match.

Nice pre-match. Miz is a good heel, for sure.

I think the Mizdow stuff is starting to run a little thin, but overall I really liked this match. TLC's being set up to be a really good PPV.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
WWE has trademarked the nickname "Big Red" for Erick Rowan. I like it, although it obviously calls to mind one of Kane's nicknames.

Noelle Foley made a cameo as her father's helper in the Santa segment on Raw. I wonder if we'll ever see her compete in a WWE ring. If so, I hope she doesn't have to go through tables or anything just because of who her dad is.

Jeff Jarrett talked about working with Jim Ross in GFW, his WWF departure, and more. I'm curious to know what the relationship is between Jarrett and Vince in 2014. There's definitely been a lot of talk about how Jarrett left WWF.

There's been further speculation of Brock Lesnar heading back to MMA after WM31. I wouldn't be surprised. I'm not all that upset IF his departure is used in a positive way. We'll see what WWE's got cooked up there.

Brock Lesnar has been pulled from the Dec. 8 Raw, and put on the Dec. 15 Raw instead. This is the night after TLC, and will start the build to the Royal Rumble. I think that works better, given how limited his dates are. I think he'll be around pretty regularly during Mania season. I'm curious to see who fans get behind as the challenger for the WWE Title for then. Will it be Reigns, or will that push fail and lead to Ambrose or Rollins heading to the main event? Cesaro's an outside chance, too. I just hope it's not Cena yet again.


SI.com has a clip from the upcoming Iron Sheik documentary about the offer to break Hulk Hogan's leg. I'm looking forward to that one. Should be some good stories told.

Austin Aries talked about wrestling and more. I'm ready to see him in the ring again.

Roman Reigns is advertised for the Dec. 16 live Smackdown on USA Network. I don't know if he'll be wrestling or not, but I imagine he'll throw his name into the hat for the Royal Rumble. He and WWE have their work cut out for them for selling Reigns vs. Lesnar, at least for some fans.

Smackdown hit 3.06 million viewers Friday night, the fifth straight week of increasing the audience and the highest benchmark since the last show before WM30. That's great!

As announced on Main Event, Erick Rowan vs. Big Show in a "stairs match" is official for TLC. They've got potential with Rowan if they use him right.

In another match for the PPV to be announced on Smackdown, Luke Harper will defend the Intercontinental Championship against Dolph Ziggler in a ladder match. That should be amazing!

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. A lot of top names skipped a lot of house shows, but still made a lot of money in the process, so it didn't really matter to them!

2. I think it could open the door to changes IF a lot of them band together in their combined self-interest. Presumably Vince wouldn't fire half the roster. That said, there are risks involved and they might not want to risk their current standings in the company. It's not like they can easily make that money elsewhere.

3. I think it's possible he's put in a situation where they're the lesser of two evils and he needs HHH and Stephanie in power to prevent another threat (like Paul Heyman gaining power or something). That's about the best ending I can think of. I guess it's possible HHH and Stephanie turn face down the line to set up them coming back. I doubt they're out of power forever.

Update: What if he loses his title shot, and the only way to get it back is to reinstate The Authority? I don't see that happening, but it's an idea they could go for.

4. I like that idea in a number of ways, but some months are more important than others. Maybe they could cover a number of less important months in one episode, but stretch a really important month for beyond one episode? I'd definitely prefer a chronological approach.

5. Give the fans reasons to want to see his character succeed, win matches, etc., and invest the time to properly develop those reasons. In other words, treat him like he matters and is worth watching and cheering for.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment