Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Update on NXT act to main roster, new Impact logo, Interviews with Punk/HHH, TNA-Destination America debut set, and Questions on "ATM Eric", Punk returning, positioning Ziggler, part-timers, and pushing Cesaro

A vignette for The Ascension is set for Smackdown. I hope they're a solid addition to the main roster. They've definitely gotten a lot of fine-tuning down in NXT.

Dixie Carter revealed the new Impact Wrestling logo. I'm not a huge fan, honestly. I can live with it, though. They definitely needed a new identity for the new home.

C.M. Punk talked about the transition from WWE to UFC and more:
 - Punk didn't screw Punk; Vince and HHH screwed Punk.

- I don't think Punk hates being famous. I think he just hates some of the side effects of it (like overeager fans who don't respect his space).

- It definitely looks like he's moving on from wrestling. I'd assume we've seen the last of him in the ring.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Triple H had a big conference call ahead of NXT Takeover: R Evolution:
- I think Charlotte will be fine when she comes back. I also wish she would have gotten more time in her debut, but I don't think she's ruined forever. It sounds like we could be seeing her on the main roster in 2015, which is the right move.

- An NXT special the week of Mania would be great if they can work it out.

- Zayn's probably ready for the main roster already. I'm not sure why they're holding him down in NXT other than as an opponent for Neville and Owens.

- It can definitely take time to make it to the main roster. I hope it's not two years before we see Balor and Itami on the main roster. They're really good.

- I'm glad HHH talked about the production aspects of things. That's really important, and sadly often overlooked by people wondering why a talent is still learning the ropes in NXT.

- I don't think the NXT Title should be defended on PPVs. At least not yet. Maybe once in a while as a special attraction, but NXT is a separate entity and should stay that way on the whole.

- Talent recruitment is doing pretty well. I think that will continue. If only things would catch up on the Creative/Management end for the main roster?

- Touring beyond Florida's a good move. Maybe they should have a few more NXT names working the main roster live events? Or are NXT live events too dead without all the big names?

- Zayn's amazing. I think he'll be a big deal in time. Neville's flashy, but he's got a ways to go as a character and on the mic.

- I don't think Regal needs to be Raw GM. Let him do what he's doing in NXT. That's more important at this point.

- I definitely want to see more main roster names get retooling in NXT. Overall, it's the "developmental" show, but some main roster names are fine here and there.

- I like the worldwide aspect of talent recruitment, and hope that works well for everyone involved.

Sami Zayn was interviewed by Michael Cole to promote the next Takeover special. His match should be great!

TNA will air the first episode of Impact Wrestling on Destination America live Wednesday, January 7 at 9 p.m.. The show will be headlined by Bobby Roode defending the TNA World Title against Lashley. Following this live episode, the show will move to Fridays on January 16. So, they won't have any new content for nine days after the debut. I'm split on whether that's the right move. I guess I'm OK with it being a Friday show from now on. I'm not hugely invested in the series either way at this point. The wrestling is generally pretty good, but there's not a lot in the way of angles. Maybe they'll have some more interesting content in 2015.

Update: TNA put out a press release for the move. Roode-Lashley III should be awesome. They've had great matches so far.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Bischoff made big moves and big signings to put WCW on the map. He was successful for a while, but things blew up in the second half of WCW.

2. There have definitely been jokes about him coming back as a part-timer after UFC success like the current WWE Champion. It's sad the best way to be a success in modern WWE is to have been away from modern WWE (Brock, Rock, Batista, Sting).

3. While I definitely think Ziggler vs. Harper in a ladder match will be amazing, I think Ziggler vs. Show or Ziggler vs. Rollins should be a top match at TLC. They had a big chance to elevate him after Survivor Series, and the execution hasn't all been there.

4. I also think they should have picked up Angle part-time rather than have him go back to TNA. I'm not sure what they were thinking there, other than already having a lot of part-timers.

5. As amazing as Heyman is, I also think WWE botched with putting them together in hindsight. They should have pulled the trigger on him after his big WM30 win, but for whatever reason, Vince doesn't think fans will get behind him. As for the Giant Swing, there was talk of Cesaro dropping it because he's a heel and the move gets cheered.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment