Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Raw Reax - 12/1/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

I mostly liked the opening segment as far as all the action it set up. Having Cena start the show is pretty tiring, but we got some other, fresher faces in the mix as well. It was interesting to hear the name Eric Bischoff on a WWE show in 2014. I assume it was just to create a buzz, but who knows if we'll end up seeing him back at some point?


I look forward to the two matches made by the GM. I'm not super-excited for Rowan vs. Show, but I'm going to try to be optimistic about it.

I mostly liked the tag team turmoil match. It feels like we haven't seen one of those in a while, so it's good to see they still exist. I'm not crazy about yet another title match with The Usos involved, but they're a good team. I like the idea of The New Day feuding with Goldust and Stardust, for what that's worth.

I liked the Miz/Mizdow/Naomi segment, if for no other reason than it had Mizdow doing his shtick.

I'm curious to see what Vince will do other than plug that gimmick called a podcast.

I liked the characterization of Erick Rowan, although it seems to be coming out of nowhere. As long as this feud ends up being more about him than Big Show, I'm OK with it.

Rowan vs. Show in a steps match at TLC? Let's just make a gimmick match out of every weapon there is. Ring bell match, exposed turnbuckle match.... you get the idea.

Vince on the podcast could be really explosive if Stone Cold asks him the tough questions. I hope it isn't just a shill for the Network.

#&$@ the Bella Twins. I'm hoping this is just a setup for Kharma coming in and destroying both of them. I don't necessarily see it happening, but it'd be the best possible outcome in my eyes.

Interesting stuff with Swagger and Fandango. I almost thought it was Fandango who took Zeb out. That'd definitely be a push for the returning star.

Nice stuff to heat up Rusev vs. Swagger. Rusev's good for what his role is.

Damn good work by Mizdow. He's a talented worker, for sure.

Finally we get acknowledgement of the "Total Divas" relationship involving Naomi. I'm fine with using it for heat.

I liked Wyatt vs. Truth. Wyatt's a strong worker. The TLC match should be a war.

Nice post-match. WWE's doing a good job of building TLC.

I liked the Wyatt/Ambrose segment. They're two of my favorites right now, so that's not a big surprise.

It was good to see AJ get some heat back on Nikki there. Maybe now the rumors of her leaving will die down some.

Ambrose vs. Rusev will be something to watch. I'm sure it will end in some kind of interference, but it should be pretty entertaining.

Ahhhh. Good to hear from Paul Heyman again. I always like to hear him stir the pot. Namedropping Sting and Taker was a good move to build intrigue.

The main event was pretty nice. It was good to see Ziggler, Rollins, and Harper get to shine. Cena had his working boots on here, too.

Oh, yeah. We're definitely in for some kind of "ring steps" match between Rowan and Show after that ending. Fine by me, I guess. I liked the post-match for giving the shine to some fresher faces.

Who's in charge for next week? Also, what happened to the Cyber Monday gimmick?

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment