Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Raw Reax - 12/29/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

It feels like only yesterday Edge was retiring and cutting his hair short. He's definitely missed. He came into his own as the Ultimate Opportunist/Rated R Superstar.

That opening segment was really amazing. Edge and Christian have a chemistry few others have. Heyman cut pretty deep with his stuff, and Cena can drag any segment down a few pegs, but overall it was cool to see E&C running the show.

Rusev vs. Ziggler was pretty good. Ziggler always works really hard, and Rusev continues to get comfortable working the main roster. I hope both have big years in 2015.

Pretty good post-match. Ryback vs. Rusev could be a pretty big slobberknocker. Just have two big guys go destroy each other.

That was a really good segment with Ryback. It brought some depth to his character and gave us a reason to connect with him beyond "he's a big guy who destroys people in the ring".

Not a bad Divas' match/segment. It was fine for what time it had.

I liked the Miz/Mizdow/Naomi segment. I'm not against a Naomi heel turn at all. Does she become a stunt double, too?

That was a really good tag team title match. I didn't like Jey kicking out of the SCF, but overall, everyone really worked hard and did good stuff.

I'm a little disappointed if this is the end of the Usos vs. Miz and Mizdow. Naomi playing Miz the whole time wasn't executed well. She should have been involved in the finish. What if Miz gave her one of the tag belts to KO one of the Usos, but she turned on him instead? That would make a statement. The Slammy would have worked as a prop there, too. Kind of a missed opportunity. I wonder if they shifted gears at the last second because they have something else planned.

Awesome pre-match to Cesaro vs. BNB. Glad the latter is back, and Cesaro got to voice what a lot of people are thinking. I hope Cesaro can get some momentum back in 2015.

Barrett vs. Cesaro was pretty good. I'm glad BNB is back in form. He should get a nice push in the year to come.

Cool Harper promo. I like his character. It's different from "I'm here to win matches". That gets old fast.

I look forward to seeing what The Ascension can do on the main roster. I've been impressed with some of their work down in NXT.

Swagger vs. Harper was some really good stuff. I hope Harper is headed for big things.

That was a really cool segment with Cena, Edge, and Christian. They've really had some history.

I liked Rollins vs. Reigns. Rollins is one hell of an athlete, and Reigns is getting better. I hope Reigns spears Big Show right out of WWE (for a few months, at least).

So-so post-match. There's only so much you can do to get people excited for a Big Show match these days.

I liked Rollins' promo. Could be fun.

Ambrose and Bray will probably have another amazing match next week.

I liked Wyatt's promo. I think this should be the end of the feud, for a while at least. They shouldn't wear this one out.

Not sure how much I care about Santino's party.

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-. I really expected this to be Bryan saying he was hanging the boots up. Awesome segment. I'm glad he's coming back. Please do awesome things in 2015!

Fun segment with Edge, Christian, and the now former tag team champions. Funny guys.

Somewhat unimpressive debut for The Ascension. I get their gimmick is supposed to be squash matches. I've just seen a billion of those from Konnor and Viktor down in NXT.

The Cutting Edge Peep Show could be a really big deal. I'm looking forward to it.

That was a really big final segment. Some of the "comedy" was a little off, but overall it was quite the spectacle. Threatening to paralyze Edge was really heavy. As for bringing back The Authority, I'm iffy on that. I think it's setting up something for Mania season (HHH vs. Sting?). Hopefully we're not in for a lot of long promos from them, and they're gone again by the end of Mania season.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment