Total Pageviews

Friday, December 19, 2014

NXT and Superstars Reax - 12/18/14

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's NXT and Superstars.

NXT:
I'm really excited for the future of WWE with talents like Neville and Owens plying their craft in NXT. I'm looking forward to this feud.

Nice Becky Lynch promo. I think she'll end up doing pretty well for herself, like a number of other Divas in NXT.

On one level, I'll miss Tyler Breeze. But, I think it will be good for him to have some time off-screen to step up his in-ring game. He's good, but not great as a wrestler. I hope in 2015 we'll see him make that jump and be ready to make a splash on the main roster.

I was impressed with Becky vs. Bayley. I like both of them. If they keep doing good work, they'll eventually be ready to be called up. I think they're both on that path.

Nice Charlotte promo. I think she'll gain some momentum by the time she's next on the main roster.

I'm fine with a rematch for the tag team titles. I hope Kalisto has a bright future. More experience will help him along that path. There's something there with The Vaudevillains, but I don't think it's been fully developed yet. They need more time working together before we see everything they're capable of as a duo.

Another good squash for Bull Dempsey. It's time for something more from him.

Good enough squash from Corbin. I really want to see him and Dempsey in a big slugfest.

WWE's REALLY dragging out Dempsey vs. Corbin. The phrase "glacial pace" comes to mind. I think Takeover would have been a good time to have them finally come to blows.

I like Cass and Enzo. I don't know how much they can get out of the gimmick, but there's something there. I can definitely see them taking the Santino/Heath Slater spot on the main roster.

Fine match to show The Ascension can still be dominant despite the loss at Takeover. I'm curious to see how they do on the main roster.

I wonder how much longer The Ascension will feud with Balor and Itami. They're pretty close to "graduating" from NXT, based on the fact they're getting promos on the main roster. But it won't hurt for them to get more experience in the meantime.

Pretty good main event. I don't think this would have looked out of place on the main roster. Neville works well as the underdog against a bigger opponent, and Owens is great as the bully antagonist.

Nice post-match. I hope we're in for more between these two before Neville moves to the main roster. Is the Rumble too soon for him to debut there?

Superstars:
Pretty good match between Emma and Summer Rae. Both of them are quite talented, and I hope both get pushed to the top of the division at some point.

Kidd and Cesaro are really amazing. I wish they were in contention for titles instead of working Superstars. Damn.

Paul Heyman and Renee Young have great chemistry. I'm not excited for Cena getting another title match, but I'd like to see Brock stomp him again like at Summerslam. It'd be great to see him finish the job with Taker at WM31, but obviously he should drop the title then (especially if it's his last night in the company).

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment