Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Query on the WWE Champion for 2015, NXT name works live event, British Boot Camp 2 winner, UFC name at WM31?, top indie name to WWE?, Interviews with Titus/Slick, new WWE PPV name, Royal Rumble poster, WWE return rumorkiller, WWE on Del Rey passing, Orton update, returning NXT guest trainer, new matches for TLC, Smackdown audience, next week's GM, and Questions on how Vince is seen by the locker room, Vince's control, TNA-GFW theory, pushing wrestlers to work hurt, and Punk suing WWE

First up, a query:
1. I haven't the slightest idea who will be WWE Champion at the end of 2015, but there's a decent chance it will be the person who will be dropping the title at WM32. I doubt WWE's booked that far in advance.

Charlotte worked a six-Diva tag at a live event Sunday night. I still think she'll do really well on the main roster. She's had some great matches so far.

At the end of British Boot Camp 2, Mark Andrews has won a spot on the TNA roster. He's a 22-year-old high-flyer. I'm hesitant to endorse him at that age.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

UFC's Jon Jones "announced" he's headlining WrestleMania 31, a reference to Punk going to UFC. Pretty funny, but I don't think it's actually happening.

There continues to be talk of DGUSA's Uhaa Nation signing to WWE. A lot of people are excited for that possibility, so I hope it ends up happening.

Titus O'Neil talked before the Slammys:

- That's a pretty cool college background.

- I hope we see Rufus "Pancake" Patterson again. He was pretty entertaining.

- I don't really see Titus as WWE Champion, but you never know.

Slick also talked. I'm glad he's doing good things after wrestling.

WWE has officially renamed their February PPV to "Fast Lane", because it's on THE FAST LANE TO RESSLEMANIA, MAGGLE! I'm not all that impressed with the name, but the content is more important.

The 2015 Royal Rumble poster is out. Meh. Not bad. Just kind of generic.

WWE has canceled ownership of the trademark for the name Shelton Benjamin. So, don't expect him back. I was always impressed with him as an athlete.

WWE issued a statement on the passing of Jimmy Del Rey. No word on whether a heart attack was part of it as previously reported.

Randy Orton is advertised for a show in MSG on Dec. 26. I expect him back at TLC.

Former NWA Champion Adam Pearce was a guest trainer again at NXT recently, and could be a producer for upcoming tapings there. That's a good role to have.

Added to Sunday's TLC PPV:
- WWE United States Championship: Rusev vs. Jack Swagger
- WWE Divas' Championship: Nikki Bella vs. AJ Lee
- (Kickoff Show): The New Day vs. Goldust and Stardust

I think TLC will be a pretty good show.

Smackdown's audience Friday was 2.49 million. That's a really big drop after several weeks of gains.

Chris Jericho will be the guest GM for next week's Raw. That will be interesting.





For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. It's a real problem when the owner of a company as seen is that out of touch by his employees. I really wonder how many people would jump if there was a place there was a top competitor to WWE.

2. At this point, the only person who can stop Vince from a power perspective is Vince. He's probably in the top spot until he doesn't want to be or physically can't do it anymore.

3. That's one of the craziest theories I've ever heard. I doubt that's what's happening, but if that does end up happening, the questioner should get full credit.

4. "Needed" is a strong word. I'm sure WWE felt those talents were needed at those times, and Punk was definitely in a big role when he left, but technically they weren't "needed" for the company to survive.

5. Punk's already bent WWE over a barrel. I think he's done with them. I don't know what kind of case they have, but I imagine WWE doesn't want any legal trouble on that end.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment