Total Pageviews

Friday, March 13, 2015

Former NXT trainer on DeMott, assorted WWE/Mania press, NXT live event updates, ECW original says goodbye, Interview with Bushwhacker Luke, more TNA re-signings, graphic content on Impact, upcoming TNA match set, TNA live events update, and Questions on Goldust vs. Stardust, WM31 weekend, WWE vs. Bullet Club, Santino, and Punk

Dr. Tom Prichard weighed in on the Bill DeMott allegations. I'm glad he spoke out. WWE should sign him back, since they never should have replaced him with DeMott in the first place.

WWE will have a big "Superstore" for WrestleMania 31, with several WWE names appearing. I can only imagine how many different things they'll have the Mania logo on this year.

WWE is looking to have NXT live events at the former ECW Arena in May, during the same week as some NJPW-ROH shows. I'm guessing they hope to get that same audience to stick around and watch WWE's "indie" shows (featuring some former ROH names). It will be interesting to see if any wrestlers from one set of shows attend the others.

Update: WWE would be running those shows in the same time period as the Payback PPV in Maryland. That's a good plan.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

NXT will have a live event the Friday night before WrestleMania. It could end up going up against ROH and other indie events in the area during that timeframe. I'm curious as to how well they'll do against established indie feds.

Bushwhacker Luke talked about his team going into the WWE Hall of Fame. I wonder what the next team to go in will be.

TNA has announced new contracts for Rockstar Spud, Tigre Uno, and Bobby Roode. I'm really glad Roode is sticking around. He's one of the best guys they've got. Spud's really over, so I'm glad he's still there as well. Tigre Uno's a fine X-Division guy. I can't say him sticking around makes much of a difference in my feelings for TNA, considering he pretty much just jobs.

Mikey Whipwreck announced moving on from his wrestling days. I'm glad he's ending things on a high note.

Dixie Carter warned fans ahead of graphic elements before the March 13 Impact. I'm curious as to what that entails and what people think of it.

TNA has announced James Storm vs. Jeff Hardy in a steel cage for its upcoming TV tapings. That makes sense after the big injury angle.

TNA is looking to start back live events by June if possible. Their talents will want to get some more paydays.

WWE is casting extras to be Russian soldiers for Rusev's entrance at WM31. That's a pretty cool idea!

The Miz took a kayfabe shot at Alex Riley's return on NXT. GENIUS to promote his current angle.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. It's still going on on live events. I wouldn't be shocked to see Goldust involved in the IC Title match at WM31, leading to a finale of the feud at Extreme Rules. I don't see them totally dropping Goldust without capping that one off, but who knows with today's WWE?

2. I'll watch WM31, but that will probably be it. I've got a pretty full plate with non-wrestling endeavors.

3. The Kliq hand symbol, you mean? Yes, the Bullet Club members are still using it. I don't know if WWE will really be able to trademark it.

4. I know at one point he wanted to be back by Mania season. It doesn't look like that's happening.

5. It's leading to a WWE vs. UFC super-feud. Since both companies are works anyway.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment