Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 7, 2015

NXT taping notes, Dreamer vs. PPV pirates, another honor for Cena, DeMott resigns, Smackdown audience, NXT live event results, and Questions on Reigns' drug test, NXT is Jericho, WWE tape libraries, Taker vs. Bray, the Network, and Joe in TNA

WWE taped the March 16 episode of NXT at the Arnold Classic. I'm glad some of that material will air soon.

Cesaro vs. Adrian Neville was taped for a future DVD. I bet that match was outstanding. Hopefully we're seeing it on the main roster in a few months.

Tommy Dreamer talked about piracy of his recent iPPV. I know we all want to live in a world of free pro wrestling and movies and all that, but the reality is this is how a lot of people make a living. There's a big difference between "sticking it to Vince" for not pushing Bryan or whatever compared to taking money from the people on the indie scene putting their bodies on the line and doing a lot of work for minimal return. I honestly find the mentality of piracy really sickening and unfair to the people who actually make the content. Is it going to affect Vince or Dana White or someone else who's worth millions of dollars? Not to a large degree. But it definitely negatively affects people lower on the food chain. People who love wrestling and movies and all that as much as we do.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.


John Cena will be inducted into his college's Hall of Fame. As he should be! He's made a really big impact on the world.

Bill DeMott has resigned his position in WWE, effective immediately. I'm very glad to hear that. Hopefully now we hear positive stories coming out of NXT, and the focus is on the people training there instead of the many allegations made against DeMott. Time to pave a new path for that branch of the company.

Update: The former Judas Devlin made more claims against DeMott. DeMott's lucky he just lost his job if some of what has been said about him is true. This could have ended a lot worse for him and for WWE.

Update: Terra Calaway, another name who tried out for NXT, made more accusations against DeMott. How many talented performers could have ended up in NXT if not for DeMott being involved?

Update: Jason Albert (formerly Tensai) is the Interim Head Trainer for NXT with DeMott's resignation. I hope he does great things in that position.

Update: Needless to say, the talents training in NXT have reacted positively to DeMott leaving. If even a fraction of what was said about him was true, I'm not shocked at all.

The most recent Smackdown did 2.69 million viewers. Not too bad of a number, I guess. Anyone expecting a huge jump with them going to Thursdays was misguided.

Here are results from the first NXT live event this weekend. Rhyno and Cesaro worked the show, but not The Brian Kendrick. I hope we see more from Kendrick in the future.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Talk about your conspiracy theories. As much as they like Reigns, I think they would shift gears if he failed a drug test. Him still getting the WM31 main event would be a big insult if he would otherwise be suspended. But it's a moot point, since there's no credible evidence of him actually failing.

2. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him face Sami Zayn or some of the other names down there. Ultimately I think it is about what he wants to do instead of just making money. I don't know if he'd do a run exclusively down there, but I could definitely see him facing NXT talent.

3. I had never heard they did have that library, so I don't know where that one started. I'm not sure if they'd think it's worth it to go after it or what condition it's in, nor do I know of it being a priority given how much other footage they have already obtained. We'll see.

4. I'm fine with them teasing him appearing or brief flashes of him (like Sting taunting HHH with the doubles), but I do think it's best to save him for WM31. That said, they should definitely confirm he accepts the challenge. It's a shame Paul Bearer's not around to do that, and Kane isn't really connected to his brother anymore. I'd love to see Bray take Taker's place as The New Face of Fear, but I also think they want to have Taker look strong going into what will likely be his last match at WM32 (possibly against Sting). Taker vs. Sting won't be the same without the smoke and mirrors, so I suspect Wyatt will take the loss.

5. I also think it was for the new viewers. Given how much material they're giving for such a low place, I don't think there's any room for complaining.

6. I think you have to take into account them misusing Joe DURING that feud. I also wish he was one of the top faces of the promotion instead of taking a backseat to Angle, Sting, Foley, etc., but there's nothing to be done about it now. Their loss is other companies' gain!

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment