Total Pageviews

Friday, March 13, 2015

Smackdown Reax - 3/12/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.
I really enjoyed the opening segment. It's a shame Daniel Bryan's not going for the WWE Title, but I think this match should be pretty great. They didn't need a GM figure to set up a match, too, which was good.

I liked the brief segment with Los Matadores. It's always cool to see someone who WANTS to win the titles, and treating wins and losses as important (even when those wins and losses don't necessarily "actually" matter all that much, they generally should for the characters in them).

I think that was a really good eight-man tag. It was good to see all of them get some real time to tell a story in the ring.

Nice segment with Miz and Mizdow. They've been great together.

Ryback vs. Miz was good enough. I'm a Miz fan, so I was a bit disappointed in him losing clean. I'm sure he'll remain pretty over and do good stuff with Mizdow.

I liked the Reigns/Henry segment a good deal. Good continuity with Brock destroying Henry last year. I wonder when Henry will be 100% and able to get into the ring "for real".

The Divas tag match was fine to keep building AJ and Paige ahead of Mania. I hope we're nearing the end of the Bellas as the center of the division.

Kind of a silly post-match, but it added heat to the feud. I really hope AJ and Paige win.

Good interview with Henry to keep putting Reigns over. Hopefully that veteran endorsement helps Reigns' standing, although obviously it won't help him win over the "smarks".

Nice Ziggler segment. He's worth investing in.

Really good Orton segment. The story of him suckering Rollins in was told quite well.

I really enjoyed that main event. All six men worked hard. I liked seeing some faces other than Cena, Kane, and Big Show headlining a show.

I was kind of split on the ending to the show. I think they had a perfect opportunity to insert Goldust into the title picture to continue the feud with Stardust. Maybe that's the next step?

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment