Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 19, 2015

More HoF notes, more WWE Network clearance, Interviews with Bryan/Mickie/Bully Ray/Brie/Rhyno/Y2J, NXT events update, Japanese name to TNA?, Sheamus update, Mania week programming update, WWE tries to make good with Raw fans, another international stop for WWE, and another WWE conference call set

Tatsumi Fujinami will go into the WWE Hall of Fame this year after all, with Ric Flair doing the induction. They've got a pretty full class this year.

Shaw Communications has added WWE Network. More clearance is a good thing for them.

Daniel Bryan talked about the ups and downs of his life during the past year. To say he's been through a lot in a short period of time is an understatement.

Here are highlights from a recent Mickie James interview. I would like to see her get back in the ring, but she obviously has to think of her kid. I would have loved to have seen AJ vs. Mickie a few years back, but I think that ship might have sailed.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
WWE is looking to turn NXT into a fully touring brand. I'm a bit split on that. I want the workers there to make money and gain experience, but ultimately NXT does need to be a launching ground for the next generation of stars. We'll see how that plays out.

WWE has postponed NXT live events set for this week to early April. It's close to Mania, and time to get the brand ready for what they'll be doing there.

Big Japan Wrestling's Kota Sekifuda will be working the U.S. the next few months, with TNA mentioned as a possibility. I think that's worth a shot, although I don't know how much they can do with someone at his experience level.

Sheamus is set for live events following WM31, so it looks like he'll be returning in the next two weeks. I can totally see him winning the Andre the Giant battle royal.

WWE will tape parts of next week's Smackdown at the Raw taping. The go-home show for WM31 usually has a lot of video packages in place of matches. Given how much work goes into Mania week, that's much easier on a busy staff.

WWE has offered free tickets to the fans who were told to change from their costumes at the Raw taping. That's nice of them. They definitely could have handled it better, given how much those fans obviously love pro wrestling.

WWE is returning to Singapore in July. I'm legitimately curious about whether they'd do a Singapore cane match there. I'm actually kind of surprised the PG, family-friendly WWE will still use that name.

Bubba Ray Dudley/Bully Ray talked about returning to WWE and more:
- If WWE's not going to use the Dudleys on the main roster, they should be used in NXT to work with the teams there. I think that's something of a no-brainer if WWE can be sure there won't be another Sylvain Grenier incident.

- Learning to be a wrestler is about a LOT more than knowing moves. That's lost on some people today.

- Yes. Treat wrestlers with respect. I don't see how more of them don't snap at the people getting in their personal space and the like. There are rules to this kind of thing. Keep in mind wrestlers are human beings, too.

- I think he's dead on about Rey. And about older names in general who are stagnating and just kind of "there".

- I'd love to see a fired-up Samoa Joe get a shot in WWE. He almost definitely won't be their John Cena or Roman Reigns, but he can probably still do some really good stuff there. I'm all for it.

- The Dudleys absolutely belong in the WWE Hall of Fame, along with a number of other ECW names. As much as I'd love to see Scott Steiner induct them, I don't think WWE would allow that.

Brie Bella talked ahead of a live event. I'm still not really sure why she sided back with Nikki, but their feud was pretty awful, so I'm not complaining.

NXT's Rhyno (?) reflected on his career. That story about the TVs is pretty funny, and I'm glad he cleared up his contract status.

Chris Jericho talked about being content to never wrestle in WWE again. At some point, his part-time at best status kind of stops being a story. I'd like to see him work some NXT names, but he's right in that he's done everything there really is to do. I don't know if the fans would buy him as a heel vs. Bryan, but a feud with him would be pretty good.

WWE will have a conference call the day after WrestleMania to discuss Network subscription numbers and more. I imagine it will be a newsworthy occasion.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment