Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 5, 2015

NXT and Main Event Reax - 3/4/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.

NXT:
I'm all for Riley getting back in the ring if he's still got gas in the tank. I've thought he's had an upside since he was Miz's Rookie on NXT Season 2.

I was impressed by Rose vs. Breeze. I don't think Breeze would be out of place on the main roster, but more seasoning as a wrestler wouldn't hurt. Rose is a better wrestler than his gimmick spotlights.

Funny post-match. Breeze definitely has a lot of personality.

Interesting promo from Enzo, Big Cass, and Carmella. I wonder what their futures are.

Glad we're seeing Alexa again. She was showing flashes of potential last time we saw her.

I liked the tag match. The competitors involved are still fairly early in their development, but I like what I'm seeing.

It's a shame Emma's basically being demoted, but maybe we'll see good stuff from her in NXT.

Every time I see Rhyno, I hear Paul Heyman yelling GORE! GORE! GORE! I remember that move was sold as a big deal when Rhyno first came to WWF, like he was really about to snap someone in half. It's good to see something sold like that, like the Accolade is sold now.

I'm kind of tiring of Corbin winning squash matches. It's time to do something more with him. At least give him a feud of some kind, even if it's with someone like Angelo Dawkins who's not doing anything.

God, Owens is a fantastic heel. I really want to see a babyface get over on him.

Really good stuff from Zayn. NXT is the show to watch these days.

See how simple that angle was to set up Riley vs. Parker next week? I want to see more of that on the main roster shows.

I liked Crowe vs. Dempsey as far as two guys just beating the hell out of each other. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Crowe can do.

Charlotte and Sasha Banks really put together something amazing there. The ending was a BIT flat, but it doesn't take away from how great of a story the two of them told of trying to one-up each other. The reversals and such meant a lot more because they've been in a heated feud for a while, as opposed to just showing off and cramming everything they can into a small time period.

It's great to see the show be headlined by a women's bout.

Main Event:
I liked Axel vs. Fandango. They really impressed and showed they're more than their gimmicks.

Rose vs. Ryder wasn't bad. I don't see either man climbing up the card anytime soon.

Paige vs. Summer Rae was pretty good. I wish we saw more of Summer Rae the wrestler on the main roster.

Pretty good main event! I wonder what the future holds for The Ascension, as their momentum has really been halted lately.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment