Total Pageviews

Friday, March 20, 2015

Query on WWE brothers, Dixie on Joe's exit, identity of potential new TNA performer, note on HoF induction, top NXT name out, more on Network in Canada, interview with Angle, live Impact set, and Questions on duplicate Hall of Famers, booing Reigns, Reby in TNA, Balor on the main roster, Hogan's age, and NXT vs. the indies

First up, a query:
1. In addition to the Usos, Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas are also brothers. I'm glad WWE has resisted the temptation to use Wyatt and Dallas together for an angle. I don't really see any reason to put their characters together. I'm intrigued about a Dallas/Tyler Breeze tag team, though.

Dixie Carter acknowledged Samoa Joe leaving TNA ahead of his last match airing. He had been there for nearly a decade. On a mostly unrelated note, I miss the heel Dixie character. It would take away from the show now for her to be a centerpiece, but she should have a YouTube series or something. She routinely cracked me up in the role.

The following regards a spoiler of a potential new member of the TNA roster: A wrestler under the name Rios teamed with Tigre Uno at the recent Impact Wrestling tapings. Whether this was just a one-time gig remains to be seen. He's a graduate of the Team 3D Academy and works the Florida indie scene.

WWE will induct Kevin Nash under his WWF name of Diesel, since they own the rights to that name. I'm not really sure why they feel the need to do that, but I imagine they'll do a group induction of the nWo that will include Hall and Nash under their real names.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Sami Zayn is out of action following an injured shoulder. I hope he's still on track to be brought up to the main roster this year. Obviously he should face Owens again before doing so, but I think he's really ready to be promoted. I think, depending on how long he needs to heal, Summerslam 2015 is the longest they should wait to move him up.

ROH name Jimmy Jacobs is joining WWE as a member of Creative. I can only imagine how that will work out with the more old-school members of the company. I think it's really crazy they're signing a 31-year-old name with more than 1,000 matches under his belt, but not having him wrestle. Unless he's ready to hang it up or move on, that resume is too good to waste.

Canadians with the WWE App can now access the WWE Network. That's a good omen for subscription numbers!

Here are highlights from a recent Kurt Angle interview on a number of topics:
- Isn't everyone in TNA pretty much on a part-time schedule at this point? I get what he's saying, though.

- "Kurt Angle has one year left, in either TNA or WWE" is a story that has been going around for a while now. I'd definitely like to see him have one last big Mania match before hanging it up. Angle vs. Bryan would be amazing. I'm sure we'd get Angle vs. Cena, HHH, or Lesnar, though.

- I think that's a valid reason to prefer DA over Spike. DA has definitely been supportive of them. I do think it's time to evaluate changing nights, though.

- White has disputed Angle's claims about going to UFC, so take what he's said with a grain of salt. Angle vs. Puder could have really done business.

- Lashley has definitely been really impressive in TNA.

- Shaun Ricker's an interesting pick by Angle. I wonder if that will end up happening?


The May 8 edition of Impact Wrestling is being advertised as live, airing on a two-hour tape delay. They REALLY dodged a bullet with the last live broadcast. Hopefully this one will work out better. I'm waiting for an announcement of Slammiversary. I'd hope that would be a live PPV. 

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I think we could definitely end up seeing some names inducted multiple times. Imagine Evolution, DX, etc. going in. They have to be careful with that, but I think ultimately inducting Flair twice set a precedent that we'll see repeated.

2. I definitely think the fans will prefer Brock. I wouldn't be shocked to hear "Thank You Lesnar" chants. They dislike Reigns' push so much, they'd actually prefer to cheer the part-timer who's possibly leaving. That's really saying something.

3. I wouldn't be shocked given Matt's new status there.

4. I can't decide whether I'd rather see him team with Sheamus in a long feud with Big Show and Kane or work with Becky Lynch and Hornswoggle vs. Fandango, Rosa, and El Torito on Main Event and Superstars in a feud about Riverdance.

Balor vs. Harper, Balor vs. Rollins, Balor vs. Ambrose... There are a lot of great possibilities if they let him loose. How about Balor vs. Samoa Joe!?

5. It's all about Vince making money! That heals all wounds in his world.

6. I also don't think it's a matter of NXT putting other companies out of business. At least, that's not the impression I get. I think NXT shares the same fan base as prominent indie companies given where they draw their talent from. I don't see it as much different than two big indies running similar markets close to each other.

More wrestling tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment