Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 19, 2015

NXT and Main Event Reax - 3/18/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.

NXT:
Kalisto vs. Breeze was pretty good. I think it's good for Kalisto to get some experience working as a singles guy, too. These guys getting even more work in different venues is great; I think they've both seriously got some potential.

I'm so ready for Owens vs. Riley. How crazy is it NXT has us excited for an Alex Riley match? I definitely thought he had an upside when he was wrestling, and this angle has been really good in its simplicity.

I haven't seen enough of Alexa to judge her too much, but I'm a supporter of her so far.

I'm really glad NXT's getting to go on the road and all that, but I hope HHH doesn't lose sight of the fact it's meant to prepare the wrestlers for the main roster.

Nice stuff between Balor and Riley. This match has been built really well. Can HHH start training Vince to be better at pacing storylines?

Ahh, Enzo and Cass. A fun part of the show as always.

So, I didn't dislike Blake vs. Cassady. I just didn't see anything special from either man. They're still pretty early in their careers, so thankfully they've got time to develop.

I'm fine with there being another NXT Diva coming soon, assuming Charlotte will be "graduating" after WrestleMania.

I was a bit disappointed with that ending, but I understand it's presumably setting up another match. The action was fine. Alexa's still kind of finding her footing, but I like what she brings to the table. Sasha is obviously great.

I like how Owens is just straight-up mean and nasty. He's not all about getting a reaction from the "smarks" with insider jokes or whatever. I really respect that.

Another Sasha/Alexa match so soon? I guess I can live with that. The "taping out of sequence" thing kind of throws things off, since this match was taped after the one airing next week.

Owens vs. Riley was good enough to set up Owens vs. Balor next week. I really hope we'll see more of Riley in the ring.

Good ending to the show, I think. Owens vs. Balor should be pretty good.

Main Event:
Part of me really wants Axel to win that trophy. He should at least get the Santino spot from a few Rumbles back.

That was a good enough match between Axel and Swagger. I'm glad Axel has more of a character and personality now. That's really been his downfall all this time.

I liked Alicia vs. Naomi pretty well. It's kind of a shame we don't see more of the former.

Ryder vs. Rose was pretty good. They certainly have some chemistry.

Ryback vs. Miz was OK. I'm kind of tired of seeing Miz lose.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment