Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 29, 2015

WWE WrestleMania 31 Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE event.

Kickoff:
Rusev vs. Cena has a lot of hype attached to it. I'm excited.

Good segment with Kane and Eden.

I popped big for seeing Patterson and Brisco interact with J&J Security. Cool cameo.

That was a really good, really energetic opener. I'm glad they didn't do the "Usos overcome the odds" spot, as good as that could have been from a story perspective.

I'd love to see Trish and Lita face the Bellas. Someone get that in the works. 

It's weird to see someone associated with Monday Night Football in WWE. That goes against Raw, you know!

Bo Dallas sighting!!! Glad to see him again.

I'm glad Alex Riley got to make an appearance at Mania.

Bo was hilarious, as always. Great act.

Big Show once more squashing a young guy with potential. The more things change...

The Ascension eliminating Henry was pretty cool.

Ryback taking out The Ascension after their streak of dominance was cool.

Big Show taking out even more talented guys...

Ryback on a roll!

At least Cesaro got to do something cool by eliminating Kane.

I love what's going on between Miz and Mizdow, but I hope it doesn't mean Show wins.

Based Mizdow!!!!!!!! God this has been great.

Mizdow's facial expressions are awesome. I really hope he beats Show.

Make him pass out, Mizdow! Make yourself famous!!!!

Well, that ending sucked. Unless Sheamus comes out!? Come on! Hit his music!!!!

Mizdow should have gotten the win there, at least over Show. Dude earned it.

Why the hell did they have Big Show win? What did that really do for anyone? I guess it's to make him more of a threat ahead of whomever will beat him next. Oh, God. This means we're in for more Reigns vs. Show, aren't we? Honestly it deflated me ahead of Mania. They should have done a feel-good moment to get people excited for the main show.

I'm glad Booker's not doing commentary on the main show.

I love Patterson putting the title on the ring for the ladder. That's a great touch.

WrestleMania 31:
Aloe Black sounds like a name WWE would give CJ Parker's character if he was African-American.

Really good opening video. WWE's really slick.

Does Stardust celebrate with Eden if he wins the IC Title?

Can Stardust replace Rey with the crazy costumes at Mania?

Pretty awesome IC Title match. I'm glad they didn't just go out there and do cool stuff. There was a story to the spots. All seven men showed they belong in WWE, and there were some pretty cool moments.

Rollins going on second is a good indicator of a possible cash-in later. I think. Maybe not.

I'm not crazy about big feuds like this come to a head with a match starting with tie-ups and that kind of thing. They should be wanting to kill each other.

The Asai moonsault is awesome. But does it make sense in this kind of match?

Cool for Rollins to kick out of the RKO.

Good sequence leading to Orton kicking out.

That was one hell of an ending. Great stuff with Orton and Rollins. Hopefully we see these two fight for the WWE Title later in the year?

Ronda Rousey likes WWE and DBZ? I can see why she has so many fans.

I'm surprised we're already at Sting vs. HHH. I expected this to be saved for later.

Not what I expected for Sting's entrance. It didn't really feel fitting beyond the face paint.

How cool is it to see Sting at WrestleMania!!!???

I really never thought I'd see Sting at WrestleMania. This is really something.

How can anyone boo Triple H with the amazing entrances he gets? It was goofy at first, but damn if Terminator H didn't look cool as all hell.

The Stinger's still got it!!!!

Great ring psychology early. These two are true pros.

It's still great seeing Triple H matches. He's a master of the game for a reason.

I definitely didn't expect DX cameos tonight! What else are we going to see here? Flair!?

WHAT THE FFFF????? The nWo's getting involved, too!?

The nWo vs. DX actually happened. Wild. I guess they're coming after DX rather than helping Sting. What about the Kliq, though?

This is insane! The nWo and DX are fighting on the grandest stage of them all! I'm actually marking out right now.

Shawn Michaels, too? This is crazy.

This is a really cool moment with the nWo helping out Sting.

Wait? REALLY? I would have bet money Ric Flair would have come out and screwed HHH over. Really fun match, though.

Cool to see HHH and Sting shake hands at WrestleMania. A disappointing end for Sting to lose, but this was really, really cool.

A TV-MA show on the Network? WHOA.

Jerry Springer, too? Damn. That's something.

Maria Menounos is a real wrestling fan. I have no qualms about her being here.

Nice to have the legends put Bryan over. This is another pretty cool moment.

Flair!? What the heck are you doing here and not in the last match?

Jesus. How many IC Champions are here tonight? Is Honky Tonk Man going to come out next?

Well, that was fun overall.

I'd much rather see 3MB in concert...

I'm glad AJ is still around. This should be good.

How hard do you mark if AJ pulls out the Anaconda Vise or something?

Honestly, the Bellas do a pretty good job of getting heat. I'll give them that.

I'm really glad AJ didn't turn on Paige there. That would have been stupid.

I was a BIT disappointed with that Divas match. It was good, but clunky in places. I would have loved a double submission win.

It's still incredible to see Randy Savage finally going into the WWE Hall of Fame. I'm glad we're seeing it.

Rusev in a tank is surreal. Wow.

I'm totally fine with Rusev destroying Cena here. God, this guy is something.

I can see why patriotism rubs people the wrong way. That was a pretty self-absorbed video package.

I can also see why people don't like Cena. What a goof.

Great move for Rusev to insist to be announced first. I hope he really goes places.

Who will be booed more tonight, Cena or Reigns?

Let's go Rusev! He's a super-athlete, definitely.

Rusev could probably "Brock" Cena if they booked him that way. Very agile and technical.

The five-knuckle shuffle is actually kind of a dorky move.

I think Lana botched the shoe throw. I guess it was supposed to hit Cena.

I think sometimes Cena adds moves to his arsenal for the hell of it when they're not performed that well. I don't think it wins over his detractors, so there's not much point to it.

Uuuuggggghhhhhh.. I guess he had to lose the belt eventually. I'm just pretty tired of Cena getting the win at the big stage. Hopefully Rusev kicks his ass on Raw or something to get his heat back.

This is more intriguing. Rusev can keep his heat by dropping Lana, like Bryan did to AJ after 18 seconds.

Taker and Brock in the ad for WM32, but no Sting. Make of that what you will.

Yes, I'm still upset about another big Big Show win. I think he should be a part-timer at this part of his career. Screw that guy.

I'm glad Stephanie and Triple H turned that into a heel promo. The "we love the fans" stuff gets old after a while.

This would be a great time for a big return or something to challenge HHH. Sheamus?

BAH GAWD IT'S THE ROCK! This could go either way. I don't know if that would hold the magic at WM32 it held 15 years ago.

I think we've had enough nostalgia at this Mania. Rock vs. The McMahons has pretty much been done to death.

We could have had another match if this segment wasn't going this long.

Business just picked up! Cool to see Rousey involved.

That was a bit of a disappointment given how long it took to get to some action. It kind of took away from the show.

I wonder if any NXT names are scarecrows tonight?

Bray's new shirt is pretty cool.

What if Taker just shows up in the ring behind Bray? Although I don't see how they can do that with it still being light out.

Taker without the long hair just isn't the same. No Druids, either. Ehh.

I do think it would have been funny if he came back as The American Badass.

Even Taker looks pretty done with this at this point. Granted, he is a zombie or whatever.

I think it's a pretty cool story for Wyatt to bring this legendary character back to face him. I wish there were more interesting characters to do fun things with besides "fight for the title".

Bray's not just going to bump for Taker this whole match, is he? I hope Taker's still got something in him.

I guess this is just going to be "Taker's Greatest Hits".

I think this one will need some smoke and mirrors given the slow pace.

I'd be OK with Wyatt finishing Taker off, but Taker needs to be at WM32. They should do a big buried alive match or something to end the character there.

Taker looks like he's just ready to go home.

Cool to see Hell's Gate again.

Bray's hurting and Taker's held together with glue. Time to get spooky.

Nice counter to Sister Abigail.

I'm glad Wyatt kicked out. That would have been a disappointing ending.

I would have bought Bray winning after Sister Abigail.

I'm down for Bray winning with a Tombstone.

That was passable, I guess. It's obvious neither man was at 100%. I would have liked more supernatural stuff since that's what the feud was built on. At least use the urn or lantern. Or a casket?

Taker should announce his final match being at WM32 on Raw.

Jericho interviewing Cena will be pretty cool. There's history there.

Reigns coming out before Lesnar is a bit of a surprise. I expected him to get a big entrance, as well.

I bet Vince is sweating bullets backstage. Rollins better be ready with that briefcase.

Honestly, I'm cool with Reigns winning if he has an awesome match.

What if Reigns cashes in right now and makes this a triple threat!?

Brock's manhandling him already!

Tough to not cheer for Brock here, given how awesome of a display he's putting on.

I would have bought Reigns losing to that F5.

Roman seems like a punk for goading Brock on.

Brock not getting the win after a third F5 is hard to believe. They obviously want Roman to look strong, win or loss.

God, I thought Reigns had him after that second spear. This has been incredible.

HOLY SH#T!!!!! HERE COMES ROLLINS!!!!

BAH GAWD NEW WORLD CHAMP! NEW WORLD CHAMP! NEW WORLD CHAMP! THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!

I love it!!!!! That was the best way to end the show, I think.

Triple threat at Extreme Rules, right? Unless Orton gets involved, too.

Awesome ending to the show. I can't wait to see what's next.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment