Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Interviews with HBK/Alberto, assorted WWE press, TNA roster expanding, Eden note, TNA contracts renewed, Taker update, another Network show, and Questions on booking Reigns, TNA ratings, Sting vs. HHH, Vince vs. the crowds, and terrible finishers

Shawn Michaels talked about never returning to the ring and more. He's earned a life after wrestling. I suspect Undertaker and Sting will be joining him in that kind of life in about 13 months.

Alberto El Patron talked about Rey Mysterio joining LU and more. AAA and LU definitely have opportunities to do big things in 2015 and beyond. I don't know how far they can get on El Rey Network, but I do think they're getting a good amount of buzz from the moves they're making.

The Phoenix Suns had a WWE night. WM31 is just on the horizon!

The Rochester RazorSharks will have a WWE night, as well. I'm pretty sure they don't actually have sharks there.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

TNA is expected to be signing some new names soon. The former Camacho, Crimson, and Shaun Ricker (Slate Randall in NXT) are all possibilities. The latter is booked for this week's TV tapings. He was managed by the former Paul Bearer. I'd definitely like to see what he can do.

Eden worked Tuesday's TV taping with the flu. I'm a little surprised she hasn't been used in the Goldust/Stardust feud. This is the Reality Era after all.

Angelina Love has signed a new deal with TNA. I wonder if we'll see her get another run with the Knockouts Title.

Update: Tyrus has signed a new deal as well. I like him. I do wonder what he'll do long-term, as I don't see the bodyguard role lasting forever.

The Undertaker is still not expected to appear in-person until WrestleMania 31. I'd like to see an appearance on video screen or something (maybe as a hallucination?) before the show so we know he's still kicking. At least his voice again? It has been a year.

WWE will start a Best of WrestleMania series on the Network. That's a good move to promote WM31.

Rolling Stone talked to Brooklyn Brawler. I definitely think he's due a Hall of Fame nod. Since he already works backstage in WWE, they'll save it for later. There's no rush.

MTV covered Wiz Khalifa being at Raw. I'm glad WWE got press from it.

Natalya talked to promote WM31. I don't expect Tyson and Cesaro to survive WM31 with the titles, but at least they got to hold them for a while.

Finn Balor talked about working in Ireland. I think he could have a really big future in WWE.

Jack Swagger talked about wanting to do a movie and more. I want to see a Zeb Colter "Real Americans" movie...

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I'm not crazy about it. A lot of it would depend on the booking. Honestly, pretty much anything other than "trying to push Reigns as a face who's working hard to earn his role as a top guy by continuing to improve in the ring and on the mic" is going to fail to earn my approval.

2. I agree it's important to count the people watching later via DVR, but I also think a lot of them are probably skipping commercials. Ultimately it's about making DA happy and keeping ad revenue coming in, so it's a matter of if THEY think DVR viewers are more important.

3. Triple H needs to beat Sting to continue what he did with Kevin Nash, Goldberg, Booker T., and Scott Steiner a decade ago. A win at WM31 will cement his legacy as being better than anything WCW had to offer, and punish those idiots for that whole "Terra Ryzing" thing.

Just kidding. I agree it does Sting no favors to lose to HHH, especially if he's going to face Taker next year.

4. While I also wonder how you can hear silence, there's no way Vince doesn't know how the crowd is(n't) reacting. I know there's a popular rumor of Reigns being a lot more over on live events, but I don't know how true that is.

5. I was going to counter with the Stinkface, but I don't know if that was really a finisher. How about the Mandible Claw? As much as I loved it, it's kind of goofy.

Update: Bastion Booger and Sgt. Slaughter had some pretty terrible finishers.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment