Total Pageviews

Friday, March 6, 2015

Smackdown Reax - 3/5/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

Really awesome opening segment. I like the fact the IC Title is something people really want to have, and it should lead to a really good match for people who don't have any other feud right now.

It's good WWE didn't need a GM or someone to set up the main event. I'd like to see fewer appearances by authority figures, especially those who also wrestle.

Good promo from the tag team champions. I assume they're just being set up for The Usos to win at WM31 so they can celebrate with Rikishi and Reigns at the end of the night, but that might not actually happen.

Nice tag match. I like the champs a lot.

I actually kind of liked the Kane/Big Show segment, as silly as it was. I'd rather have them in that match than either facing each other or going for the tag team titles.

Kane vs. Ryback was OK. I'm not particularly excited for Kane feuding with Show. I'm also not really sure why Kane loses so much. I'd like to see him protected a little more and Show protected a little less. They are both past 40, but they do still have a decent level of credibility.

I like Ryback being a credible opponent for Kane and Big Show. He's still kind of spinning his tires, though.

Not a bad match between Ryback and Show. Obviously Show is above Corporate Kane in the power level department. I wonder how he compares to Demon Kane with the mask?

Interesting stuff from Bray. If they didn't theoretically need Taker to look strong for Sting next year, I'd be perfectly OK with Wyatt stealing the character's soul or something. Maybe Taker could lose and Sting could coax him into one final match? Wyatt shouldn't be thrown under a bus in all this.

Not a bad Bellas promo. I'm glad they acknowledged the Twitter activity.

I liked AJ's return match for the most part. I hope she sticks around to work some of the NXT names.

I wonder if they'll have Sheamus return and challenge Bryan to a match at Mania, preventing Bryan from being in the IC Title match? Or Sheamus could be in that match, too. We'll see.

I liked the tag match well enough. I'm pretty much ready for Miz vs. Sandow to happen.

Not a bad Reigns promo. They're keeping him in taped stuff, which is probably the right idea.

Rusev vs. Swagger was fine to keep Rusev's momentum going. Rusev's a pretty good competitor.

Nice stuff from Axel. I wouldn't mind Axel winning the U.S. Title via countout or something as Cena distracts Rusev. It's gimmicky, but it would prevent Rusev from taking a pinfall loss.

We've given Cameron and Eva Marie enough chances, I think. Cameron's improving, though, so hopefully the both of them will be more impressive next time they're in the ring.

I'm glad we got those names in the main event instead of something with Big Show and Kane. They put on a pretty good match.

Pretty good ending! I'd like to see Stardust as IC Champion. I could also see Goldust costing him the match to set up the end to their feud at Extreme Rules. We'll see.

More wrestling coming up.

3 comments:

  1. With the Kane/Big Show situation, there is not one thing that I understand about it. The conversation we had before about Big Show getting much more limelight despite his age and Kane continuously losing is definitely mind-boggling to me.

    I mean, respect Big Show. He is definitely a first-ballot Hall-of-Famer without a doubt. However, not only is he right around the same age as Kane, but I feel with this being sports entertainment that Kane has much more "IT" than Big Show. Kane still has passion in his promos, can still put on a good match, and is much more dimensional than Big Show (just replay the Team Hell No clips from just two years ago).

    By no means am I saying Kane should win the WWE World Heavyweight Title, but it's a shame being a fan of his to sigh each time I see him walk to the ring knowing he will lose.

    The two of them potentially feuding is also a bad idea. How many times have we seen this feud? It really has the potential to go nowhere if it does indeed happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I respect Big Show**

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly all I can think of on the situation is Kane could be more willing to help newer stars get that spotlight. All that follows is pure speculation, but I know there's at least part of him who wants to be Glenn Jacobs and have that part of his life. Wrestling's just one part of who he is in 2015.

    One big difference between Kane and Big Show's careers: Show was rocketed straight to the WCW Title picture, while Kane had to make it through a number of different gimmicks and promotions before hitting on one that worked in the big time. He was a dentist and a Christmas Creature and a number of other gimmicks that could have killed some people's passions to do what he does. So, maybe he has more appreciation of what it takes to "make it" in wrestling, and is willing (maybe even pushing) to take a backseat to let others get over. If the likes of Taker, Mankind, and Stone Cold didn't sell him as a big deal, who's to say he would have made it where he is today?

    I'm also much more of a fan of Kane than I am of Show, which is a bit of a misnomer because I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Show. I do see WWE's logic of using Show (who as far as I know has plans to keep wrestling for years) over Kane, who has other interests at this stage of his life. Not that I blame Kane! I'm glad he's got irons in the fire outside of WWE.

    ReplyDelete