Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Interview with The Rock, top Mexican name passes during Mysterio match, and Questions on taping NXT in California, British Boot Camp, titles at Mania, JoJo, and Madusa

The Rock talked about potentially working Brock next year, Reigns headlining, and more. I'd be down for a Rock/Lesnar match at WM32. Imagine Heyman's promos! I think it'd work better if we don't see Lesnar for a while after WM31, and he comes back to make an impact in Dallas.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
An unfortunate accident causing the death of a top lucha performer took place this weekend. In the interest of not messing up the details, I'm just linking to PWInsider.com's article on the match. I've seen the video. It's weird to watch knowing the circumstances. The fact AAA and CMLL acknowledged his passing is saying something about how big of a deal he was.

Update: Mysterio posted a photo remembering his fallen comrade. I hope he doesn't feel too guilty for what was essentially a freak accident.

Update: Here's more on the cause of death. I feel horrible for everyone involved.

Update: ESPN picked the story up. I hope this doesn't turn into another one of those "wrestling scandals" about drugs and steroids and people dying under the age of 40. This was a freak accident.

Update: Here's a look at his career and life. He certainly made a big impact in the lucha world.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I definitely think they'll use some footage from it. I don't think it'll be a TV taping, though.

2. It took me a while to get behind Spud. I'm willing to give Mandrews a chance, too. I can't think of much else to say on the subject.

3. I disagree about it being mandatory for all the titles to be on the line. AJ/Paige vs. The Bellas means more than a singles match between the two sides.

4. I'm really curious to know what her future is. Talk about someone who pretty much fell off the map.

5. That's a great idea! It's like she was Paul Heyman girl before there was a Paul Heyman!

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment