Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Raw Reax - 3/16/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

I really liked the opening segment. It's good for guys like Kane and Show to be subordinate to Rollins. I'm not sure Rollins should beat Orton fresh off Orton's big return from injury, but I'd like to him have a big year in 2015.

I do think it's odd AJ and Paige are back together after the wars they had. I would have liked more of an explanation of why that is.

Nikki vs. AJ wasn't bad at all. I'm glad they were able to give us something to sink our teeth into.

How many hours does WM31 need to be? Jesus.

Rollins beating Kane and Big Show on his road to being a top guy is good by me. They're still useful for that.

Interesting comments by Miz. You'd think the A-lister would make more references to WM31 being in California, although they're a good way away from Hollywood.

Ryback vs. Miz was meh. Ryback's spinning his tires after the Rusev feud.

If Mizdow doesn't turn face on Miz at WM31, he'll look seriously crippled as a character. It's time for him to have some guts.

I liked the Cena/Rusev segment a good deal. I hope this isn't the end of Rusev's rise. He can be a top heel in Brock's absence.

Nice pre-match for Kidd/Cesaro vs. The New Day.

Good enough tag match. I'm ready for WWE to announce whatever they're doing with the tag team titles for Mania.

Not a bad post-match. I personally hope for an elimination-style four corners tag match.

Is that the end of J&J Security? I kind of hoped they'd do a little more in the ring.

Brock is exactly what the overly PG WWE needs. I doubt families liked his language there, but it definitely popped me. Brock has Vince by the balls and the results of him getting leeway have been great.

I couldn't care much less about Show vs. Rowan. I wouldn't be shocked to see Rowan future endeavored in the next set of cuts. He's definitely not a priority.

Mark Henry winning the battle royal would be more of a "lifetime achievement award" than a push, I think. I wonder how much more he's really got in him.

I kind of wanted to see Axel win. This is probably a false teaser to show Henry can still be strong and dominant (for now, anyway). I'm skeptical of his status as a full-time guy given how his career's been off-and-on lately.

Paul Heyman was amazing as always. This is a really big main event with a lot of intrigue into it. It's a special time in the wrestling world, and Heyman's promos have really sold that. As for Reigns, I'm starting to really buy into him as a top guy. He's in about the same place the likes of Cena, Batista, and Edge were when they became champion for the first time. He's probably ahead of Orton's 2004 reign. So, I don't really have any qualms about him winning the belt.

I'm ready to see Brock and Reigns face-to-face next week. Should be a big deal.

Nice six-man tag. The IC Title ladder match should be great. I'm curious as to whether an eighth person will be added. Sheamus would make sense as the surprise entrant. I doubt they'd have an NXT name win the IC Title at WrestleMania in their first match.

Good stuff in the post-match with Barrett getting the title back. I look forward to the big ladder match.

Why do I think we're in for a big swerve tonight with The Authority all helping Rollins out? They all have a common enemy in Orton.

If there wasn't Sting vs. Taker to sell for WM32, I'd be completely down for Wyatt getting the win in two weeks. He's been incredible.

That was a really good ending to the show! I'm excited for WM31.

No comments:

Post a Comment