Total Pageviews

Friday, March 20, 2015

Smackdown Reax - 3/19/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

I really liked the opening segment, since it focused on people who haven't been on the main event much in Rollins and Reigns. Henry isn't overexposed since it's been a while since we've seen him. I'm definitely fine with him contributing in an important fashion for some time. While part of me would definitely want to see him destroy Reigns and go for the title, I've come to accept he's mostly a supporting character these days.

I didn't dislike Brie vs. Paige. In addition to giving Divas a chance, in general I'd like to see some people we don't see so much of be given more screen time.

It's like Rollins doesn't think Mercury and Noble will be enough security!

Stardust is a weird one, but that's pretty much the point. I kind of do hope he keeps the character after the Goldust feud (assuming that's still going to have an ending).

Ambrose vs. Stardust was nice. Stardust being that character plus what he picked up as Cody Rhodes makes him pretty versatile. I'd like to see him win the title, then end Goldust's career at Extreme Rules. Would a match in the spirit of the Backlot Brawl be too much to ask for?

Stardust putting it to Ambrose after the match was good.

This IC Title feud is more fun and chaotic than we usually see feuds. I do miss the Hardcore Title.

Nice stuff with Harper. It's a shame his push ended.

Good stuff with Ambrose and Harper. It's good to see guys like them on the roster amid the more "traditional" WWE performers.

I totally want to see a Bob Orton cameo tonight to get Randy in the building. Please, WWE?

I missed seeing stuff like Bryan vs. Harper on the main roster. I'm really ready for the over-40 club and Cena to move out of the big spots so guys like this can live up to their potential.

I wasn't too crazy about Ziggler's promo. Not really sure why this "turd" thing is happening. On a related note, maybe it is time for Ziggler to get some more nuances to his character. I feel like he's done pretty much the same gimmick for years now.

Ziggler vs. Bryan was really good, but of course it was. They're both at the top of their games.

I think the odds are against Barrett retaining. It's a shame he's spinning his tires. I really want to see him either feud against or team with Adrian Neville. They'd complement each other quite well.

I liked the Divas segment talking about the WrestleMania match. It's nice to see that match as treated as important to them.

How much did Rollins spend on security? I guess he's expecting to make it back with a big Mania payday.

Honestly, I wasn't really a fan of the "interspecies" tag. I think the bull gimmick has run its course.

Damn you, Zack Ryder and PTP! What did Mark Henry ever do to you!?

I'm guessing Henry busts through security so Orton can come dish out some RKOs?

Oh, I KNOW Reigns beating all those guys single-handedly is going to upset some people. I'm cool with it. The only one of those four they need to protect is Rollins.

I missed the Randy Orton who would just come in and RKO people left and right. I'm sure people are calling him a Stone Cold ripoff for that, but it works well for that finisher and Orton's attitude.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment