Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Raw Reax - 3/9/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

Orton was really impressive in that segment. I'm glad he's showing some balls now. The corporate characters are getting pretty stale. J&J Security are fun, but it's pretty much time to end The Authority.

Bryan vs. Barrett was pretty good. It's weird how much things have changed since NXT Season 1. How has Barrett still not become WWE Champion?

Good post-match to keep things going. I'm liking this IC Title feud.

Really good stuff between Ambrose and Stardust. I'd like to see the latter become IC Champion in the next few months.

Really fun post-match. Where the heck is Goldust in all this? We haven't seen him lately.

That's a great move for the Hall of Fame. I love the idea as a whole.

Reigns' video was pretty meh. I'm not a Reigns hater by any stretch, but I still have my doubts about him being "the guy". But that's hardly a new phenomenon. I felt the same way about Cena at WM21, Edge before the Rated R character, Bryan before his first World Title, and probably a number of others. Sometimes you don't know what someone has until they're actually champion.

That Paul Heyman promo. DAMN. He hits it out of the park pretty much every time he's out there. I love him having the freedom to point out the elephant in the room of Brock possibly going to UFC, and even acknowledging what shape Taker is in. It makes the whole thing more interesting in that "worked shoot", "Reality Era" way. That doesn't always add to things, but in the right scenario, it really makes things interesting. I also like the intrigue of Rollins potentially cashing in.

I'm ready for Bray to come for Taker's soul. I've seen Taker since the Ministry days, but I think it's time to pass that torch. They can still do Taker vs. Sting next year, but I think it's definitely time to move into a new era.

That tag match was OK. Yes, I noticed Kane took the fall again. Personally about the only way I'll be excited for a Kane/Big Show angle is if they both get laid out by Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe, and some other NXT names making an impact. I'm guessing everyone in this match will be in the Andre the Giant battle royal.

Maybe Kane and Show lose at the battle royal and we get a match at Extreme Rules where the loser disappears for a while. Or, even better, they lose a tag match to Ryback and Rowan then and both get indefinitely suspended by The Authority as punishment. I don't want to see either of them for at least a few months, as their characters are really played out at this point.

Hahaha I liked Wizdow. They need to capitalize on this guy already.

Nothing to say about a non-wrestling segment. I'm glad they got Khalifa though.

Honestly, that was kind of a funny Bellas segment. I don't expect any mentions of C.M. Punk being in that movie.

AJ vs. Summer Rae was pretty good. I hope we see more of them facing off.

I mostly liked the Sting promo package. I wasn't crazy about the voice change, but it still kept some of the character's mystique, which is important.

That was a fun segment with Cena and Rusev. I'm glad to see Cena not treating a win over Rusev at Mania as inevitable.

Rusev is a beast! I like seeing him just lay waste to people. All good things have to come to an end, though. I wish it would be when he challenges for the WWE Title instead of giving yet another nod to Cena, but I think I can accept Rusev's run ending at Mania.

That was one hell of a post-match segment. I wish we got this Cena more often.

I'm so ready for Bray to confront Taker. Let's do this.

Fine enough continuation with Rusev and Lana. I think Rusev vs. Cena could be one hell of a brawl.

The New Day is pretty bland at this point. I don't think they need to be the new Nation of Domination to be interesting, but I would like to see something added to their characters. At least some kind of segment where they're digging down deep for their families or something instead of just clapping and dancing and all that.

Nice tag match. Cesaro and Kidd looked fine in defeat. They're clearly veterans and pros.

I'm guessing the Usos will be involved in the tag team title picture, too. I suspect The Ascension will get involved to make it four teams in the match at WM31. PTP might just be in the Andre battle royal.

Naomi vs. Natalya was OK. Tyson was hysterical as always. His current gimmick has got to be the best he's had.

Or maybe every tag team under the sun will be involved at WM31 and possibly pull double duty in the Andre match? I wonder if there's any chance the Dudleys come in and take the titles as surprise entrants.

I liked the Usos/Matadores match for the most part. I'm glad to see the tag teams get some spotlight here.

I like them building intrigue for what will happen with Rollins and Orton tonight.

I missed spooky Undertaker. I like seeing segments that are more than just "I want to win the title and beat you". If this is Taker's last match, I definitely want to see Wyatt take his place as the resident supernatural character. Taker can tease retirement or something the next night only for Sting to challenge him for WM32. I hope we do at least see a glimpse of Taker before Mania.

Nice match to get to Orton vs. Rollins. Reigns was kind of an afterthought here, which is weird considering he's headlining WM31.

Genius that Kane and Show were kicked out of the arena and can't help Rollins here. Nice continuity for a change.

Great ending to the show. Orton vs. Rollins should really be something. I hope WWE gives enough time to the top matches, even if that means bumping Goldust vs. Stardust and Miz vs. Sandow to Extreme Rules.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment