Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Raw Reax - 3/2/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

I really liked the opening segment. Rollins is coming into his own as a true top heel of the company. With Brock possibly leaving and the other part-timers disappearing as far as wrestling goes, he can easily be used as the top name on that side of the coin. Rollins grabbing mainstream publicity really elevated him in my eyes, and I wish him the best. Another part of what made this segment so good was it focusing on two names who are emerging as top talents today instead of years ago.

Nice segment between Rollins and Orton. They should have a pretty good feud.

I'm liking this IC Title feud, even if it's a little silly. At least a lot of people actually want to win the championship! Ambrose vs. BNB was good.

Silly post-match. I do wonder why people are so willing to hand over the physical championship. I guess it's just to rile Barrett up.

DAMN IT, SANDOW! KICK HIS ASS ALREADY! He's taken abuse for too long in this feud. He looks kind of cowardly at this point.

The Wyatt/Taker feud is going pretty well so far. I like Wyatt digging into the past of the Taker character. I imagine with all Bray's getting in on him, Taker will get his heat back from last year with a win to presumably set up a final match at WM32. I think I can live with that IF Wyatt remains strong in the aftermath.

I liked the six-person tag well enough. I think a lot of that's the chemistry between Tyson and Natalya. The former's been a fantastic character lately.

Fun post-match. I hope Natalya doesn't turn on Kidd at Mania, although that would make sense.

That was a nice change of pace from the normal Cena "it's inevitable I'm getting a big match, and I'll probably win. Even if I don't, I'll get more big matches" stuff. It seemed out of left field to try to pretend Cena isn't a big draw for Mania, but obviously it's just a feint because he'll be there. Axel has grown on me with his current character. I hope he makes something out of it when it's over.

Of course Axel was going to get fed to Cena, but it was at least funny to see what he did beforehand.

I wonder what Cena will have to do to get Rusev to accept. I'm guessing he'll raise the stakes and put something else on the line. Maybe if Rusev wins, Cena has to pledge allegiance to Russia?

That was a really good HHH/Booker segment, although I don't know if it would have meant as much if I wasn't familiar with the history of HHH, Booker, and Sting. How many younger fans only know what WCW is because it's on the WWE Network?

The Divas did get more time this week, so that was good. And no silly "Total Divas" shenanigans, either.

Very glad to see AJ back! A welcome return to the Divas' division. I expected her to be totally blackballed given what's going on behind the scenes.

Nice backstage segment. They're definitely ignoring the feud AJ and Paige had, but hopefully it's worth it and the two of them make an awesome pair.

The Rollins/Stewart segment was pretty good. Rollins got heat in on Stewart, and Stewart really got some good jabs and wrestling references in. Good publicity all around, and I'm glad they got someone who really knows his wrestling.

As much as I would have loved Rollins KOing Stewart with the briefcase or something, I think this made more sense.

Harper vs. Bryan was pretty good, although I wish it went longer. Those two could really do great things at WM31.

That was a pretty enjoyable post-match. All-out chaos, reminiscent of the Attitude Era.

It's still crazy to hear the former Madusa is going into the WWE Hall of Fame, but it's not like amends hadn't been made. Blayze was interviewed on WWE.com a few years back, so she wasn't totally blacklisted.

I hope Orton hits RKOs on Noble, Mercury, Kane AND Big Show.

God I love Paul Heyman. He didn't miss a beat with the sound issues, and acknowledged Brock's contract status. I hope he's still set for awesome things after Mania if Brock leaves. I wonder how a Heyman/Rollins alliance would work out.

I liked the main event pretty well. Reigns seems to be working pretty hard to step up his in-ring game, and Rollins can cover up his weaknesses like no one's businesses.

Reigns looks like a pretty convincing badass now. I think it just might be viable for him to win at WrestleMania.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment