Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 12, 2015

NXT and Main Event Reax - 3/11/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.

NXT:
I love Enzo and Big Cass. It's good to have gimmicks like theirs mixed in with the acclaimed indie/international stars. It takes all kinds of workers to make WWE work well.

I liked the tag match a good deal. I think both teams are getting more fluid as duos. I like that a lot! Hopefully they all have good futures.

I'm glad to see Alex Riley getting a chance to wrestle again. I hope we see great things from him. I was disappointed to see him get moved from working in the ring.

Kevin Owens is money. Glad WWE is using him. Owens vs. Rhyno when? Owens vs. Samoa Joe when?

Alexa was pretty impressive against Carmella. I like what she brings to the table. Carmella's not bad, but she's still clearly in the early stages of her career.

NICE promo from Riley. Why is this guy not used more?

Pretty good Breeze promo, too. I don't know how much they can keep getting out of this gimmick, but I continue to like his work.

I agree with the assessment of Parker being a good heel because he can get a legitimate negative reaction from the NXT crowd in a way "cool heels" can't.

Not a bad match at all. No ring rust from Riley. He was never a high-flyer or any other kind of technician, so I'm not disappointed he's not Sami Zayn or Adrian Neville out there.

Good promo from Owens. I'm looking forward to the match with Balor. I expect Riley to be massacred, as he probably should be facing the NXT Champion. I think the worst thing they could do would be to have him win via rollup due to a Balor distraction (like they'd probably do on the main roster). Owens should be a one-man wrecking crew. He should beat Balor and Rhyno before they even think of having him lose. When he does lose, it needs to be to a real contender.

I really liked Itami vs. Breeze. I think Breeze is a good opponent to keep getting Itami acclimated to the WWE way of doing things. Breeze is pretty well-rounded, and I think he'll be able to do good things on the main roster in due time.

Fine ending. I look forward to next week's show. I wonder how it will work out from a continuity standpoint.

Main Event:
I liked Rowan vs. Axel OK. I don't really see much in Rowan as a singles star, honestly. Unless they're planning on giving him a partner again, he's pretty much going to be stuck where he is. I don't know if Ryback is the answer there; they're too similar. I'd rather it be a smaller guy who can bump. Bo? Slater? The Bunny? I could see any of those names working. You know Vince would love to make something out of Rowan in a sheep mask, The Bunny, and Hornswoggle. It is around Easter time!

Rose vs. Fandango was just OK. They're spinning their tires. It's time for something new. Can Fandango bring The Bunny back or can Rose team with a female Rosebud to make it a mixed-tag situation? Just do something to spice it up from an in-ring perspective.

Good work from PTP vs. The Ascension. They're right back into things. Will it mean anything as far as a push? Who knows. But I think this was a good showing by both teams. On another note, they could have done The Ascension vs. The Dudleys at WM31, or The Ascension vs. The Usos playing off Rikishi's induction (and maybe involve a Too Cool reunion at some point). Instead, we'll probably just get a big clustermess. The "calling out legends" idea has pretty much died.

Nikki vs. Naomi was pretty good. They can both work pretty well in the right environment.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment