Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

GFW teaser, Nash's inductor(?), WM press, Raw audience, Brock stays with WWE, and Questions on Punk in UFC, why Sting is facing HHH, title matches, Taker in the HoF, and WWE coverage

GFW released a short teaser about holding its first shows. They could begin holding regular tapings as soon as May. I'm ready for this to become a thing. I feel like it's been in the "it's coming and going to be a big thing" stage forever with only so much to show for it.

Mick Foley seemed to be announcing inducting Kevin Nash into the WWE Hall of Fame. That's a surprising pick. So much so I'm not 100% certain it's not a work. The other Kliq members would seem like more obvious choices. We'll see how it unfolds.

Hulk Hogan did a Q&A about WrestleMania. Some pretty dry, straightforward stuff. I wouldn't put 100% stock in his answers.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Here are a number of big WM31 interviews. There's literally so much going on to promote WM31, it's near impossible to keep track of all of it.

Raw's audience Monday was 4.19 million viewers. I'm REALLY curious to see what it will be for the show after Mania.

WWE has announced an official WrestleMania app. They go all out to promote their biggest show.

Brock Lesnar announced he has signed a new part-time deal with WWE. This makes things pretty interesting for Sunday. I really hope this leads to him facing John Cena yet again Daniel Bryan and some other top names in big matches. I'm completely fine with Brock vs. Rock at WM32. WM31 is truly can't-miss now to see what WWE will do.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. You know, I think there's a little something to this. Punk will almost certainly get further than he would have without the name value. How many other UFC signings got that much press? But I do agree the situations are very different. It's not like Punk is going to headline UFC's top PPVs just because he's Punk. As far as I know, he'll be working people with similar experience levels.

2. Given how much Sting has messed up The Authority's plans, and the rivalry between WWF and WCW, I definitely think this one is intriguing. I don't see why there'd be any argument of it not being something to care about, unless someone despises HHH for some reason.

3 is a repeat. Titles shouldn't always be on the line "just because". This match is more important than a title match.

4. This is an interesting situation! I definitely think Taker is a big enough deal to headline next year's class after making his career go that far. Hopefully it wouldn't be a slap in the face of Sting for him to have to wait until another year (even if that means it will be after he's gone from WWE TV for a while).

5. Honestly, I think WWE is important enough to get that kind of coverage in RS.

More wrestling tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment