Total Pageviews

Monday, March 9, 2015

NXT event notes, JR on DeMott, NXT names put over, Albert and DeMott talk about NXT changes, and Questions on future Hall of Famers, Kane/Big Show retiring, Taker vs. Wyatt, Taker vs. Sting, and changing NXT

Here's a report from NXT at the Arnold Classic. I can see where people are comparing NXT to ECW. It's not a perfect comparison, but I think there are some important similarities.

Jim Ross gave his thoughts on the Bill DeMott controversy. That's pretty much the stance I expected him to take. I appreciate his insight nonetheless.

Hulk Hogan, Jimmy Hart, and Triple H took a picture with Kevin Owens and Sasha Banks. Both those NXT names should have big futures in WWE.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Jason Albert put out a Tweet about his new role in NXT. I hope he does great things there.

Bill DeMott tweeted about his WWE exit. I hope this is the last we hear about him in any kind of trainer role. I don't think many are sorry to see him go.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I'd personally like to seem them eventually take a number of years off from doing the Hall of Fame, maybe starting at WM35 or so. Then, they can bring it back in the future when there's a need to induct the stars of the Ruthless Aggression Era onward. I expect they'll milk the concept as much as they can before putting it back on the back burner, tough. 

2. There's definitely been a pretty good amount of fan discontent from seeing those two so often. I also don't think they should completely retire yet, but WWE needs to be more intelligent about how they use them. Both have been in WWE for roughly 15 years. We've seen pretty much anything either character could do at this point. I'd be fine with them both taking time off after WM31. They should rest up, so when they do come back, hopefully it means something and they can really contribute. Right now they're just kind of taking up space and being used as stepping-stones for people climbing up the card.

3. I do think they've booked themselves into a corner to some degree. I think they're more focused on potentially doing Taker vs. Sting next year than what the future holds for Bray. As for Bray being devalued, he's been booked rather strongly this last number of months. He's a credible opponent for Taker, especially after Taker got his ass kicked last year.

4. WM32 could be the retirement match for both Sting and Taker, in Taker's home state. If they start building it right after WM31 (like Rock vs. Cena), that could be huge for WWE.

5. I concur. It would depend on what the network wanted. And who's to say Vince wouldn't want to take it over anyway, leading to what happened with the ECW brand? We'll see what happens if a network ever actually tries to pick up NXT, which isn't in the works right now.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment