Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Impact Wrestling Reax - 8/12/15

Read on for my take on last night's Impact Wrestling.

It's still pretty weird to see a TNA/GFW card after the situation between the Jarretts and TNA Management.

Eric Young finally feels like a real high-level heel. It took time, but he's been great lately.

They actually did do a KotM match on Impact once previously, on the go-home show before a PPV as a preview for the bigger match.

Ahh, I love a good interpromotional brawl. One thing that was fun about the Attitude Era was having the locker room clear out at times for a really big fight.

I KIND OF wish we got EY vs. Bully Ray or something of the sort out of the GM angle, but I'm not complaining that Bully's gone.

Talk about a clash of two scary strong women.

- Tapa vs. Kong:
I think that was fine as something of a popcorn match between two big brawlers.

It was good to get a break from the Dollhouse angle.

Thankfully "Justin Gabriel" isn't that great for chanting. I'm sure we'll still hear it, though. It's not like GFW can use a name WWE trademarked.

Nice for the King of the Mountain match to be presented as importantly as it can be for a match with less than two hours of hype.

If we don't actually get a feud between Roode and Jarrett or a GFW guy, I don't see any reason to tease it.

Rockstar Spud's push feels kind of forced given his not-so-recent past as a comedy guy. It's shades of Eric Young's World Title push.

Good to see Roode wreck Spud's shit. Roode's a real star.

Nice tension between Roode and Jarrett. Hopefully it leads to something.

Godderz vs. Lashley:
Godderz is pretty overmatched here.

So much for Jessie tho getting a push after the Bro-mans split. Lashley's ring work is always impressive, though, so I'm not complaining too much.

I hope Godderz rebounds after some impressive stuff post-Bro-mans.

I'm guessing Eli Drake took Galloway out. That feud's getting better, I think.

I think I'd actually be OK with TNA and GFW merging. TNA could definitely use a real reboot.

EC3's been really entertaining. A bright spot in TNA, for sure.

Fun stuff between EC3 and Matt. Matt made a really good babyface there, with EC3 getting heat after winning clean last week.

Unless Taryn's got something up her sleeve, I don't see how Jade and Marti Bell can beat Gail in a cage after their last clash.

I look forward to seeing Adonis in the ring again.

- Wolves vs. Myers/Lee:
Impressive stuff from the Wolves. They're obviously top athletes.

- Uno vs. Dutt:
More flippy shit. At least it was brief.

It'll be good to see EC3 put the title on the line next week.

Wait, if Bram wins next week, does Anderson go home to be a dad? That'd be awesome!!!

Robbie replacing Galloway's kind of funny. Him taking people out and fist pumping afterward would be awesome.

- King of the Mountain:
Hahaha. I hate when falls occur so early in a multi-fall match. It looks fake as all get out.

Nice piledriver spot from Young.

I missed seeing Black/Gabriel in the ring. I don't buy hum as being at the level of EC3, though.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment