Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 6, 2015

TNA No Surrender Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's special episode of Impact Wrestling.

Nice of them to start things off with the Roddy Piper video. They've had quite a few of legends stop in for at least a cup of coffee.

- Bram vs. Anderson:
That was pretty uneventful. Bram is great at the whole street fight/hardcore thing, but is otherwise quite limited. Anderson never really struck me as much higher than U.S/IC Title level. Not a strong combination.

Yeah, I'm already ready for them to blow this feud off. Anderson's gimmick was tired AT LEAST five years ago. Just have Bram throw him off the top of the Impact Zone into thirty tables or something and move on.

Nice promo from Matt Hardy. I think he's one of the most valuable members of the TNA roster given his name value and veteran wrestling abilities.

I was going to rag on Shera, but TNA needs to push some new young talent, so I can live with them seeing what they have in the now-former Khoya. Maybe they can make something out of him. Where do Manik and Abyss stand in all of this?

If the Dollhouse can't beat Gail three-on-one, something's wrong. They'll have pretty much been defanged.

- Kim vs. Dollhouse:
Jesus, this was bad. I'm not sure why we're supposed to take Gail that much more seriously so that she scares Taryn, who used to be a fighting champion. The Knockouts division has pretty much flattened out. 
- Drake vs. Galloway:
Using the crowd to set up Drake for a chop was nice.

Galloway is working his ass off here. He's been a pretty good signing for TNA from that perspective.

That was pretty good for what it was. Galloway was INTENSE, and Drake got some heat from his antics.

Aries and Roode kicking Bully Ray's ass to end the night works for me. Maybe they'll get something worthwhile from Bully working TNA into another pay day after all.

- Aries vs. Spud:
Aries is a wrestling machine. I hope we still see him wrestling on a big stage in 2016.

Aries is absolutely awesome here.

Spud kicking out of the brainbuster was bullshit. I hope they're not trying to make him their John Cena as far as always overcoming the odds.

That wasn't a bad match, but it wasn't an amazing one, either. I guess Spud just didn't look like he was in Aries' league. It reminds me of EY's World Title run where they tried to push him as a top guy and it came across as forced and trying too hard.

Either way, Aries will be back on future episodes, leaving this kind of pointless.

That was a good post-match to elevate Spud.

Pretty touching ending to Aries' TNA run. I'm curious to see how they'll explain his return. I'm just glad we'll see him more.

- Storm vs. Shera:
That was OK, I guess. Shera's pretty bland.

OH FUCK! At least having Jeff in charge is interesting. I guess they were right about Bully being intended as a temporary thing. Either way, I'm glad we don't have to see him going forward. Hopefully.

Nice promo from EC3. He's definitely one of my favorites.

- EC3 vs. Matt Hardy:
I like seeing EC3's vicious side. I'm glad he's getting a big push.

These two are going all out. I like it a lot.

DAMN. They're getting the most out of this stipulation. I hope this is a hit for them ratings-wise.

Nice ending to the whole thing. EC3 has easily been one of, if not the single best part of TNA in the past few months.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment