Total Pageviews

Friday, August 14, 2015

Main Event and Smackdown Reax - 8/13/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Main Event and Smackdown.

Main Event:
Rusev's in one of my favorite angles in all of wrestling right now. I'm glad he's getting heat from the audience.

I don't remember the last time Fandango got mic time. It does make sense to involve him here with his former girlfriend. Nice little back and forth.

- Rusev vs. Fandango:
That was nice to continue showing Rusev as a beast. Monster heels can be fun sometimes.

Nice Barrett/Stardust promo. They make for an interesting team.

- Rose vs. Swagger:
Rose really isn't a bad wrestler; he's just stuck without nothing to do. I think pairing up the partier and the One Man Band makes sense as an undercard comedy act. Maybe add the former Brad Maddox, too?

- Stardust/Barrett vs. Truth/Henry:
Barrett covering Stardust's ears for the chants is hilarious.

Fine little match to get us closer to Summerslam. I liked the ending especially.

Smackdown:
GOD Seth Rollins is a top heel. I'm seeing shades of C.M. Punk here.

I'm really interested in how they book Rollins vs. Cena. I'll be very surprised to see one man hold both titles for a long time.

Fun exchange between Neville and Rollins.

NICE collection of superstars in the opening segment.

- Charlotte vs. Naomi:
I enjoyed this match overall. Glad to see some new faces in the division.

Nice promo from Ryback. He's not bad at those these days, adding more to what was a really one-dimensional character.

Fun Wyatts/Ambrose promo. I'm glad Harper's back where he belongs.

- Reigns vs. Harper:
This one was pretty fun. I'm hoping they go all out next Sunday.

Nice post-match, too.

Pretty good Sheamus promo. I like him more as a serious Irish warrior, most of the time.

- PTP vs. New Day:
Young's really fired up. It's good to see.

That was a good match to build to Summerslam. I'm looking forward to the show.

This is an awesome combination of names headlining Smackdown.

- Rollins/Owens vs. Cesaro/Neville:
Really hot opening. That's fine if they slow things down in the middle.

Great stuff overall. I'm glad they got to headline the show.

Nice post-match.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment