Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 27, 2015

NXT and ROH Reax - 8/26/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
NXT:
I'm really excited for such a long episode of NXT on such a big stage. I want to see more of NXT on the road.

I would have liked for Enzo to acknowledge Carmella's in the back preparing for her match, but I love the look he's got.

I miss when fans were generally as into things as this crowd was for Enzo's entrance. Sadly the vocal fans have a tendency to do what happened in the Divas match.

Can we officially get a team name for NXT's Greatest Tag Team? I definitely see Haas and Benjamin in them to a degree.

- Enzo/Cass/Hype Bros vs. Dawson/Wilder/Jordan/Gable:
Enzo and Cass are becoming quite the team. It's a shame they're probably not going to be called up for a while with the Dudleys back.

I'm really starting to like Gable. I think he's got a real future.

Dawson putting Gable back in the ring was GENIUS heel work. There's potential there, too.

Good match overall. I think some of these names will definitely work out on the main roster.

Neville couldn't have waited for Regal to finish his announcement? But, hey, I'm glad he's in the tournament.

The ball has been dropped so hard on Emma. She could have been a lot of fun on the main roster, and she can wrestle quite well.

Kind of a dorky Divas promo, but the match should be great.

I'm not looking forward to Carmella vs. Eva Marie. They're being thrown to the wolves in front of that big of an audience.

- Carmella vs. Eva Marie:
I liked Eva's athleticism early.

Yeah, this is more sizzle than steak so far. Two limited performers, for sure.

Wow, this is clunky. WWE shouldn't have put two people with such little experience against each other. Both should be working with more experienced performers so they can improve.

Not a bad promo from Breeze.

Dasha just barged into their locker room. Geez. Not a bad promo, but nothing great.

Pretty touching moment with Bayley.

Corbin and Rhyno might be a fun teaming. I'm excited for the tournament.

Kind of sad to see Owens leave like that, but we're not supposed to feel sorry for him.

- Samson vs. Dumpsey:
I'm not a big fan of NXT doing gimmicks on live events and then just kind of throwing them out on the TV show.

WHOA. Bull has slimmed down. I hope that continues. He could be quite the hoss.

Bull Fit will never be as great as the Simon System. I miss that gimmick like no one's business.

Bull's pretty strong. Fun to see another monster.

Someone in NXT needs a Lonely Virgil gimmick. Like, a former star who's down on their luck now.

Not a bad re-debut from Dempsey. I hope good things continue for him.

Can we get Joe vs. Aries in NXT? Come on, Trips.

Nation sounded pretty overwhelmed there. He's talented. I hope this is just the beginning for him.

Alexa Bliss still has some improvements to make, but she's definitely a better promo than Blake and Murphy.

Dana's growing on me. I wouldn't call myself a fan yet, but I don't dread seeing her, either.

I definitely like this Becky Lynch a lot more than the goofy gimmick she initially had.

- Charlotte vs. Becky vs. Dana vs. Emma:
I liked the feeling out process to start the match. ROH would have had four simultaneous superkicks and a convoluted multi-person submission spot for a "this is awesome" chant.

Good stuff between Becky and Charlotte.

Should this have just been a tag match? Although it is fun to see Charlotte face Becky.

Dana's improving. I like her smack talk especially.

This is honestly getting a little sloppy as it gets more chaotic.

And then a win out of nowhere. Was Becky knocked silly or something?

I think that was a botched ending. I'm glad Emma won, but it kind of deflated things.

At least they kind of made up for it with the post-match.

ROH:
- Wolf/Scorpion vs. Briscoes:
I love the jobber team just for their ring names. They're already some of the most interesting people in ROH.

I like this match being more of a brawl so far.

I think I could go for months without a suicide dive and be fine. It's way overused.

Not awful overall. I think there's potential in WWE for the Briscoes.

I think Briscoe more or less buried Page by not knowing who he is. At least he didn't ask if he was related to DDP, although that would have been funny.

Lethal vs. Hanson is meh. I'll wait to see how it plays out, though.

- Dijak vs. Strong:
Not bad so far. There's theoretically heat here with Strong's recent history with Lethal, but it doesn't really make it more exciting.

I think Strong could be someone in WWE if he could get some personality. He's definitely solid in the ring.

This "I'm the better wrestler" shit is boring as all hell. Make it about how no one's taking the titles from the House of Truth. Not a bad post-match, overall.

Not an awful promo from O'Reilly. At least he has some personality.

Two title matches in two weeks featuring Lethal might be interesting.

OH MY GOD what a lame promo from Roderick Strong. This "golly gee whillickers" babyface thing is painful to watch.

- Future Shock vs. Addiction:
Daniels and Kazarian generally have some personality in the ring, which is nice.

I'm mostly liking Future Shock's work here. They click well, I think.

I miss when people did straight-up mean shit like raking someone's eyes. I wish we saw more of that.

The multiple submission spot was pretty goofy. O'Reilly should have saved his partner instead. It was a cool visual, though, and that's generally what ROH goes for.

There needs to be a limit on how many superkicks are done in a night. They're not all that super if they're done so much and don't lead to a pinfall.

Oh wow this is a mess.

So this goof does superkicks, too? Just make that everyone's signature move at this point.

Why Nigel McGuinness hasn't come out and done something after so long is interesting. This is clearly out of control at this point.

Perfect ending to the show, since it's all just flippy shit for the hell of it.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment