Total Pageviews

Friday, August 28, 2015

Main Event and Smackdown Reax - 8/27/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Main Event and Smackdown.

Main Event:
On one level, it's good to have PTP pay homage to the returning Dudleys. But did it make them look like inferior fanboys instead? In a "perfect world," PTP and New Day would be able to stand a chance against the two guys in their forties.

- PTP vs. Matadores:
Titus doing the Millions of Dollars dance while holding Fernando was one of the funniest things I've seen in the ring in some time. He's got the intangibles so many wrestlers (especially outside of WWE) lack.

I like Titus getting some sustained offense beyond just being brought in from the hot tag.

Good teamwork from Los Matadores.

Nice showing by PTP, as is usually the case.

I guess we're in for Stardust vs. Barrett at some point. Ehhhhh.... fine promo, though.

Rose's gimmick is incredibly played out. It was so fun when it started, too.

- Swagger vs. Rose:
Not bad while it lasted. Rose should probably look for another reboot and/or go work NXT at this rate.

I really like Fandango. It's a shame he's just a bit player.

- Fandango vs. Stardust:
This is pretty good so far. I like random B-show matches sometimes.

That was really impressive. More psychology than some people getting pushes in ROH.

Smackdown:
I like the show starting with someone other than The Authority or Cena.

I'm enjoying the new Wyatt Family already. I'm wondering where Rowan fits in when he returns.

I'm guessing we have to wait to see more from Strowman. He's definitely a mastadon.

- Dudleys vs. The Ascension:
It's really weird covering a Dudley Boyz (not "Team 3D" or "Bully Ray" or "Devon") match in 2015.

"Do you know who I am (who we are)?" is already stale from its overusage in TNA. The Dudleys coming back for a few months to wrap things up is one thing. But they should largely be seen on the WWE Network in 2015.

It is fun to see the signature spots sometimes.

Jesus Bubba how about winning the match, THEN getting the tables?

BAH GAWD THEM DAMN DUDLEYS DID IT AGAIN KANG. Meh.

God I love The New Day. I really hope Team Faaaaaaatasses doesn't squash them.

I think the Dudleys vs. The Ascension should have happened last year given the feud Ascension had with older teams.

- Neville vs. Owens:
Really nice stuff. Both men are really talented.

Not an awful Divas promo segment, although the writing for the division almost always falls flat.

- Bella Twins vs. Charlotte/Becky:
That wasn't bad. Divas matches on the main roster are generally pretty short.

Great stuff as always from the champ.

Rollins is definitely one of my favorite performers right now.

MITB holders always seem to have the exact same promo. Like, Jesus Christ, we get it. You can cash in at any time.

- Ryback/Ziggler vs. Show/Rusev:
When Show has someone to really move for him, he's really not bad to watch.

Yeah, no one wants to see Rusev vs. Big Show. Not a bad match overall.

I like the pairing of Ambrose and Reigns. It's nice to not think one will turn on the other.

- Ambrose vs. Sheamus:
I like how these two work together. They bring out good things from each other.

That was pretty good while it lasted.

I'm really glad to see a new monster/mastadon. Hopefully he catches on and they can do more to phase out the old guard of big guys.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment