Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Raw Reax - 8/24/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

I'm already excited to see Rollins' celebration. I wasn't crazy about how they went about it, but MAYBE they can make this the really big moment it should be.

I think Heyman and Brock are the faces here. Charles Robinson should get "You Screwed Lesnar" chants. It did look like an honest mistake and was, as far as anyone knows, the legitimate ending to the match.

Oh, we definitely better be getting another round of Brock vs. Taker. I think it would be something of a let down for Taker's potentially final Mania be one where he's more or less the heel, but it's definitely a money-making match.

Well, obviously someone had to take an ass-kicking to get Brock his heat back. Bo's a pretty good candidate. He does this role so well.

I think I'd be fine with seeing Brock suplex the whole roster tonight.

GOD GAWD ALMIGHTY BO DALLAS HAS A FAMILY.

I hope this isn't some kind of setup for another PTP feud. They're too good as a pair.

New Day are such heat magnets. They're so based.

- New Day vs. Lucha Dragons:
Kalisto is seriously incredible. I'm definitely getting Rey Mysterio vibes.

Funny ending. That was a pretty strong performance from the new champs.

WAIT WHAT THE FUCK!?

BAH GAWD ITS THEM DAMN DUDLEYS. I am a bit excited, I admit.

As great as the nostalgia was, I'm more of a fan of PTP and New Day in 2015. Did PTP lose the belts just so the Dudleys can come back and take them? That kind of buries two hot tag teams.

That statue is amazing. How much was it and how long did it take to make? That's a serious commitment. This could be a fun night.

- Wyatt/Harper vs. Reigns/Ambrose:
We just had this match last night! Why not do something one-on-one instead, since we paid for the tag match?

These four always do great things against each other.

Ambrose and Reigns work together well. Their styles mesh.

Why doesn't Bray do the light trick more often? He might lose less.

WHOA check out this mastadon.

He definitely fits in with the Wyatt Family. I'm good with there being another huge guy if he's used right. We've certainly seen plenty from Kane, Henry, and Big Show over the years.

The sooner I can forget about Miz's match at Summerslam, the better. He was fine in his role, but the match in general lacked intensity.

Ooooohhhhh.... this segment's really hurting the momentum of the Divas' division. It's just not working the way it should.

Wow, they're trying way too hard with the pop culture references. Like they generally do.

That was just BAD. A big step back after so much impressive stuff.

- Team Bella vs. Team PCB:
Good work so far. I think it will be overshadowed by the Miz segment, though.

FUCK this crowd and everything they stand for. They are what's wrong with wrestling. No one's tuning in to see/hear you idiots.

I think everyone there really worked hard to make that match work. It's a shame the crowd was full of idiots. I really hope it was because of the terrible Miz segment instead of the solid action.

- Stardust/Barrett/Neville:
Not really sure if this accomplished much, but hopefully it makes sense down the line. I don't think anyone's chomping at the bit for Stardust vs. Barrett.

Kind of a weak reason for Stewart to get involved. I really wonder how that idea came about. I guess they didn't want either man to lose clean.

I wouldn't mind Cena passing Flair's (official) record if there's a reason for him to be champion again. It's all a work anyway. It wouldn't make Cena "better" than Flair to be champion more times.

Blehhhhh. I guess this is the lesser of two evils compared to Cena holding both titles. Hopefully this will be burned from my memory someday and I just remember Rollins leaving with the gold.

I definitely don't want to see Cena vs. Rollins again at Night of Champions. If anything, I'd like to see Cena insist some of the people who challenged him challenge Rollins. Maybe Cesaro?

- Sheamus/Show/Rusev/Owens vs. Orton/Ryback/Ziggler/Cesaro:
Not bad so far.

I'm liking things after they've picked up the pace. As always, it means more after they built up to it.

Not a bad match at all.

Strowman is one scary looking dude.

I hope Cena stays out of the arena for the final segment, and this doesn't turn into something dumb.

It's a little misleading to say Vince is the Father of WWE, but it was nice for him to get a nod on the day after his birthday.

I love using Hustle Loyalty Respect for Rollins.

Burying the local sports team is almost always hilarious if done right.

I really hope Rollins is positioned as a long-term guy. He's been great.

That's a lot more exciting than Cena!!!!

You'd think Triple H wouldn't be threatened given who won at WM31. Though it did take every trick in the book.

Does Sting not care about the U.S. Title? Good segment top-to-bottom.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment