Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Dynamite Reax - 7/22/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Dynamite.
- Kingston promo:
This man definitely brings some credibility to things.

That's how you put yourself on the map in your debut.

- Cody vs. Kingston:
I like this standing out from the usual "NWA" formula.

I spoke too soon. Cody is clearly doing his usual thing, which makes sense.

Good to see what Kingston brings to the table. Wild he didn't get picked up by Impact again or ROH.

I like Kingston's style here.

AHHHHHH that powerbomb! You don't usually see tacks in a TNT Title match.

That was a hell of a clash.

- Mox promo:
That was badass damn.

- MJF/Griff:
If they need to make space for Kingston they can go ahead and cut MJF. Keep Wardlow, though.

- MJF vs. Griff:
I do like this being unique. Honestly just make MJF Wardlow's manager.

I would have popped for Griff winning there.

So-so.

- Rebel/Baker:
This is getting stale. Seriously, have her take some time off.

- Cage/Taz/Starks:
Glad Starks hasn't disappeared.

Nice save from Taz.

Darby's a glutton for punishment!

That was cool.

- Women's tag tournament:
I'm iffy on this one. We'll see if they've got enough people to make it solid and interesting.

- Inner Circle:
Glad there's a minimum of Jericho on the mic this week.

- Bucks vs. B&B:
I like that idea. AEW has a lot of action and chaos. I think that's one way they shine against NXT running smaller buildings.

I enjoy a falls count anywhere match here and there.

Wow haha this is really spilling out.

This is super fun honestly.

I love the contrast here and how the Bucks are adapting to this style of match.

They're really selling the less-known team.

This is a battle! I like it.

That was really, really cool. The Bucks have earned working on a stage this big in the U.S.

- Archer backstage:
Fuck yeah.

OK Lance time to win some matches.

- Diamante vs. Ivelisse:
That was OK. For some reason I though Ivelisse would be more likely to be pushed.

- Page vs. 5:
Page continues to grow on me more than he did in ROH.

This has a good style.

Pretty good to build Page.

- Post-match:
I like Page willing to take them on.

After things really fell off the tracks with the Dark Order, AEW has successfully rehabilitated them.

That was nice to possibly set up a bigger tag match. I like the idea of FTR and Page working together.

- Jericho/Hager vs. Saurus/J. Boy:
Hager vs. Luchasaurus is fun.

That was a good stretch. Glad to see Hager at this level again.

This is put together pretty well.

I like how many people are involved here. WWE often feels like every segment is very cut off from everything else. Not the case here.

This is pretty enjoyable.

Jericho continuing to cover for not having a lot of gas in the tank with interference, weapons, and the like.

Good work overall.

Ha. I liked Stunt outthinking PnP.

Can't say I expected Serpentico to interfere.

- Post-match:
AHHHHHHHHHH glad to see him again!!!!!

And another potential large tag match setup. AEW integrates things well.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment