Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Slammiversary Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling special event.
- Opening video:
It's still bizarre to me you'd build your 18th anniversary PPV around people who were recently with another company, but obviously would say there's nothing more "TNA" than focusing on former WWE names!

- Dez/Wentz vs. MCMG:
Well that's certainly an unexpected surprise! I really didn't think we'd see Shelley again during the pandemic, and Sabin has been on the shelf quite a while. This is absolutely fresh for Impact.

This almost feels like a "TNA vs. Impact" match.

Fun to see MCMG show what they do best again.

This is a solid opener.

That was cool. Very glad to see Shelley and Sabin back.

- Taya/Bravo/Rosemary:
Hey while we're looking at reboots, let's wrap up this angle.

- Moose vs. Dreamer:
I'd be remiss if I didn't say this also felt like a past vs. present bout.

Yeah Moose good luck ending Dreamer's career. Even Dreamer can't manage to do that.

AHHHHH that RKO was cool.

I do enjoy an occasional plunder match.

Moose is impressive here.

Those thumbtacks made me miss Abyss.

Not a bad match at all. Seriously, though, no one's ending Dreamer's career.

- Swinger interview:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH those old school references.

- Gauntlet match:
-- Nos 1 and 2:
I like how these work together.

-- No 3:
Ooooooh. Not a good direction after the strong two opening matches. Impact always gets in its own way somehow.

Yeah let's just ignore that segment.

-- No 4:
I like the teamwork here, though obviously only one can win!

-- No 5:
We'll see if Su Yung also appears.

-- No 6:
A little surprised to see Forbes wrestle.

-- No 8:
I like Havok's power.

-- No 9:
I'm all for rebooting Taya.

-- No 10:
Does anyone expect Alisha to win??

I'm enjoying Kylie in this one. She's doing well lasting this long.

-- No 13:
Please tell me Bravo's not going to win this.

OK good.

Wow Kylie is on a roll!

Kylie Cena in this one.

Interesting direction with Taya and Rosemary.

Solid enough overall. A little iffy in some places.

- Heath/Raju:
YYYYYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS very glad to see him again.

Rohit playing the "I've been here too long to be passed over" card when he only debuted in 2017. Clown.

Ha. Nice acknowledgement of Heath's Raw match.

Well. Looks like this match is incoming.

- Mack vs. Bey:
I like how they work together.

Bey's putting in a good showing.

This is pretty nice.

I like what both men are bringing here.

Both men looked good in that one. Surprised to see Bey with the clean pin.

- Heath/Rhino:
Ahhhh glad to see this reunion.

Wow, Scott. Not even offering the man a contract.

- North vs. Ken/Sami:
I've enjoyed this storyline quite a bit.

I'm liking this match's story.

The North have really put in solid work in Impact.

This is a lot of fun.

I'm enjoying all this action.

YIKES that missed dive from Shamrock. Maybe that's why he's the world's most dangerous man?

WOW. Very impressive win. I would have thought Ken and Sami would have taken it.

- Post-match:
They have absolutely established themselves.

Wow, Sabin and Shelley really jumped right to the top of the division, huh?

- Swann interview:
Interesting Swann is bypassing the X-Division and tag titles.

- Grace vs. Deonna:
Oh this is fun already.

I like the contrast between their styles.

Grace looks impressive here.

I like Deonna's mean streak.

I'm loving the arm work.

This is really solid.

This is a BATTLE. I like it.

Loved that ending.

- World title match:
Oh nice!!!! Glad to see Swann healthy again.

OK!!!! Having EY back is good, too!

- Eddie vs. Ace vs. Trey vs. Swann vs. EY:
Good to see some fresh faces in the world title scene.

Everyone's motivated to take the title. I like it.

Good to see a number of names look credible here.

OH MY GOD THAT DESTROYER.

EY already scoring a pinfall in Impact again.

- Eddie vs. Ace vs. Swann vs. EY:
I like this side of Young.

Cool to see this much action.

Ahhhhh cool elimination of Young. This has been a blast.

- Eddie vs. Ace vs. Swann:
Ahhhh I like EY getting revenge.

HHAHAHAHA Ace taking advantage.

That was a really nice moment for Swann.

- Eddie vs. Ace:
Fitting it's down to these two, though I expected a surprise entrant to win.

This is impressive!

Wow. Glad to see Eddie take the title. He's really been an MVP for the company. Ace looked strong in defeat.

- Post-match:
I was wondering when we'd see those two.

Wow. A little surprised to see them as babyfaces.

Pretty good ending. Lots of fresh names in the mix. Impact really needed that.

- EC3 video:
Cool cool. I'm interested to see what things look like for him now.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment