Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 23, 2020

NXT Reax - 7/22/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT.
- Regal/Lee:
WOW. Bizarre choice. Honestly that kind of undoes the major stipulation of the bout. At least Regal didn't force him to lose the title. I think this would have gone better if some names petitioned Regal and/or Lee to increase opportunities for the North American Championship. Heck, Lee could have scouted worthy challengers for a new champion.

That very much felt like a big announcement and stipulation for the sake of something big happening.

- Dain vs. Lumis:
This is an interesting mix in the early going.

I am glad to see Dain wrestle more. Imagine how much more we could see him of some of the people who have been on NXT forever moved on....

Nice mean streak from Killian.

This has some good fire to it.

I like Dain's agility for his size.

I'm liking this.

Very cool ending. Lumis felt like he earned that win.

- Strong/Reed/Gargano:
Right? Time for some new people in the title pictures.

Interesting enough.

- Kai promo:
I like her having a chip on her shoulder.

- Ever-Rise vs. Breezango:
Well this is a pretty interesting look for Breeze and Fandango. This is the second reference to PCO on WWE TV lately following Kevin Owens' pirate promo.

This is fun enough.

Good to establish Breezango.

- Dominik interview:
I like it.

- Aliyah vs. Shotzi:
Blackheart is an interesting character, for sure. She stands out in NXT.

Aliyah has grown.

Shotzi is really solid.

Wow. That was a pretty clear win for Shotzi against The Brand. I see why Chelsea bailed!

- Post-match:
I like that feud idea, but something tells me Mercedes isn't joining Stone.

- Scott promo:
I like this! Good to show who he is.

Solid work overall.

- Strong vs. Reed vs. Gargano:
I like the selling of Bronson. The other two are made men.

Funny spot with Strong and Gargano not entering the ring.

I'm liking Bronson here.

Everyone's delivering as a wrestler and character here.

This is a lot of fun.

Wow. Fluid work.

This has been a hell of a match. I'm glad it's getting a lot of time.

This is very impressive.

I like each man having a clear game plan.

Gargano and Roderick are showing why they're beyond ready for Raw and Smackdown.

HA. Great way to get Reed an opportunity while still showing what the other two are capable of.

- Thatcher vs. Oney:
I love the chain wrestling, and I love the contrast with the previous match.

This is NIIIIICE.

I hope Thatcher goes places.

This feels like a battle instead of two impressive athletes showing what cool sequences they've planned out.

Both men feel rugged.

That was cool as hell.

- Stone/Martinez:
We'll see how it goes.

- Finn promo:
I mean, seriously, Finn should be in the NXT Title picture.

Finn's starting to lose me with this character. I feel like he can do more and be more important.

- Kross vs. Dominik:
Ohhhhh boy. Hoss time.

Both men look good here.

Pretty good back-and-forth.

Dominik has nice fire here.

Kross is a mean dude. I like it.

Pretty vicious!

I like this storytelling.

Very cool ending. Kross made a statement there.

- Post-match:
I'm excited for this showdown.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment