Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 30, 2020

NXT Reax - 7/29/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT.
- Io/Tegan vs. CLR/Kai:
It's getting a bit cliche, but obviously a sneak attack starts things off hot.

It's baffling to me that Tamina, Lana, and Dana Brooke have main roster spots but Candice is stuck in NXT.

Good physicality.

I'm enjoying Io vs. Dakota.

Solid tag story here.

This has nice momentum.

That was a pretty fun ending stretch.

- Gargano vs. Strong:
It feels like these two have been in NXT F O R E V E R.

That said, this is really fun and flashy.

Nice counter wrestling here.

A little surprised that didn't get longer and/or have a dirty finish.

- Kai/Rhea:
Wait what happened to being a captain of a team??

Well that could be fun.

- Thatcher interview:
This man is a KING. He's the antidote to the flashy acrobats here.

- UE backstage:
Wow. That's a change. Makes me think we're in for a reboot from the group. They need it.

- Shotzi vs. Mercedes:
Interesting combination of workers.

I liked that!

- Ridge promo:
Wow. A new face on NXT?

Wait you cut a promo about being from the UK but challenge for the North American Title?

- Lee/Grimes/Kross:
I like Lee calling him out.

Haha Grimes continuing to be delusional.

NICE. Keith's not having it.

That was pretty well done.

- Aichner/Barthel vs. Ever-Rise:
Pretty cool for the time it had.

- Post-match:
Hahahaha wow they're just rehashing January, huh?

- Reed promo:
Nice personality piece.

I hope he does succeed. And, you know, some others move out of the way so he can have some space.

- Regal promo:
Hmmmm. Interesting. I do like Karrion having to earn a title match.

- Atlas promo:
Meh. Any wrestler can cut a promo about winning matches and titles. I want to see more of who he is.

- Scott vs. Atlas:
Smooth action here.

I'm impressed with Atlas' fire.

They work together well.

Nice ending!

- Priest promo:
Decent enough, but again, it was just about winning a match.

- Tag title match next week:
Hmm this feels like an emergency write off for Imperium. Which could be related to NXT UK returning. I'd jettison NXT UK entirely, but I don't have McMahon levels of money to blow.

- Balor vs. Thatcher vs. Lumis:
Balor vs. Thatcher is a match I didn't realize I wanted until now.

Weird to see Lumis as a powerhouse.

I love Thatcher's style. He just shows up, rips and tears, and gets the job down.

This is pretty impressive.

Balor vs. Thatcher is pretty fun.

I like how this is meshing.

I'm loving the submissions.

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW that's an upset. Crazy to beat Thatcher clean like that.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment