Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Fyter Fest Night One Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's special episode of Dynamite.
- MJF promo:
This guy's running in circles.

- MJF/Wardlow vs. Jungle/Saurus:
I love Wardlow. He brings much needed contrast in AEW.

Good tag work in this one.

Fun Wardlow/Saurus hoss battle.

Good babyface fire here.

This is a lot of fun. The pacing is great.

This is a big battle.

I think I would have popped for MJF winning with that rollup.

Ahhhh nice use of the diamond ring.

Good work overall.

- Archer/Janela/Kiss:
Lance beating both Joey and Sonny would be cool.

- Shida vs. Ford:
Glad they possibly won't have Kip involved.

I'm enjoying Hikaru here.

Good strategy here.

They really need a lot of crutches to have Penelope look like she's in Shida's league.

There we go. The right person won.

- Taz/Cage:
Great stuff. Simple and effective.

- Cody vs. Hager:
Rematch from 2013-2015 WWE.

Nice use of both men's amateur backgrounds.

Another old school Cody match.

This is pretty fun.

I wouldn't have called AEW using Jake Roberts and Arn Anderson when they were announced.

I'm liking the story they're telling in this one.

They have a natural chemistry together.

Fun use of everyone.

Not bad at all!

- Post-match:
Hmmmm. Looks like a rematch is coming. Works for me.

- Darby video:
Another effective, unique Darby video.

- PnP vs. Party:
Interesting combination of teams here.

Vintage AEW tag match.

Both sides are showing what they're best at.

I liked that ending.

- Post-match:
Good to setup next week.

- Omega/Page interview:
I really like the dynamic between these two. Omega's a strong babyface.

- Cage/Taz:
Ooh. OOOOOOH that WWE COVID burn. For once it felt justified and not tacked on for cool points.

Good sell.

- Omega/Page vs. Friends:
Vintage smooth tag work.

I'm enjoying the action so far.

Enjoyable work from everyone.

Haha FTR are fun here.

I liked Chuckie helping Trent on that toss to the corner.

Again, everyone performing at a high level.

I'm really enjoying the teamwork from the champions.

This is very impressive. The challengers look credible.

Heck of a showing from both teams. I like Omega and Page elevating everyone in the division with strong performances.

- Post-match:
Hmmmmmm. Interesting. The tag team tension continues!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment