Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Impact Wrestling Reax - 7/28/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.
- Eddie vs. Trey:
Nice surprise starting with this. I guess TNA Champion Moose will be in the main event where he belongs.

I like Trey getting to show what he's capable of against the champion. The obvious comparison is the TNT Championship, though obviously AEW didn't originate the idea.

This is nice! Trey's really growing on me here after I initially wrote him off as a goof.

This is solid.

Very good stuff.

- Post-match:
Standard heel trope.

- WrestleHouse:
It's like they were worried that great match would drive people off so they're doing this now.

AHHHHHHHHH THAT ABYSS CAMEO

This is so weird.

I popped for the House of Hardcore reference.

This is definitely unique.

I did like Bravo not knowing which one to follow.

Wow this is... Wow. They're fighting over getting to sleep in the ring.

What worries me is this won't be the only silliness on the show.

- TJP/Bahh/Raju/Bey:
I liked them roasting Rohit.

I was wondering when TJP would go back to the X-Division.

OK I liked Raju's duplicity here.

- Ace/Fulton:
Simple and effective.

- North promo:
I liked that a lot. Page is usually the talkative one, and he really sold the loss.

- RVD/Forbes:
RVD must have Jericho levels of creative control.

- EC3 promo:
Interesting redirection of his character.

I really like him doing something fresh and reckoning with his past and such.

Hmmmm curious where this goes.

- Moose/Heath:
Nice touch for this to follow EC3's video.

Hahah poor Heath still can't get a contract.

HAHAHA the jabs about TNA not existing. Heath has him here.

Clever!

- Deonna vs. Kimber:
Impressive fire to start.

I like Kimber bringing the fight. Deonna only needs one opportunity to get vicious.

This is pretty fun.

Good back and forth here.

Pretty solid ending stretch.

- Post-match:
That was cool as hell.

- Forbes/Callihan:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH Sami buried.

- WrestleHouse:
Wow the quarantine really drove these people mad, huh?

Cuckoo!

- Sami/Ken/RVD:
Wow. Rough night for Ken.

Haha man Sami's having a rough night, too.

- RVD/Forbes/Sami:
Oh. Well. That's one way to do his gimmick.

- Rascalz/Suicide:
Yeahhhhhhhh too much silliness on this episode.

- Swann interview:
I love him having real motivation.

Very good. Glad we had some seriousness here.

- Brothers vs. SCUM:
Good for what it is.

Solid enough to remind us what those two can do.

- Post-match:
Pretty fun.

I liked that ending to the show.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment