Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Raw Reax - 7/20/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Seth/Murphy/Black:
I mean yeah, that's a pretty gruesome way to win a match.

Ahhhh I love it. Still blaming the fans.

I loved the "out of sight" pun.

Glad Aleister is fired up after Seth's heinous actions.

- Seth vs. Black:
I like the physicality. This isn't about being a better wrestler. It's personal.

This is pretty good. I think Aleister can be a bigger player.

Murphy is a lot of fun at ringside.

Black looks credible against the former champion.

Good work!

- Post-match:
So I guess next we're getting an arm for an arm match.

- Lashley/MVP/Truth/Shelton:
I love Confused Truth.

Ridiculous, but I loved it.

- Lashley/MVP/Shelton/Cedric/Ricochet/Ali:
I love MVP rubbing it in.

MVP is invaluable.

Damn. I wonder what they're even doing for catering during COVID.

Very glad to see Mustafa again! We'll see how long it is until he's on Main Event.

- Lashley/MVP/Shelton vs. Cedric/Ricochet/Ali:
Solid work to start.

I'm enjoying the heel teamwork.

Actually, great teamwork all around.

Glad to see Shelton and Ali wrestle again. I absolutely want to see a greater variety of names on WWE TV.

Ali vs. Lashley is pretty fun.

Pretty good ending.

- Orton promo:
You know, it's pretty telling Orton's talking about accolades from more than a decade ago.

I REALLY like this side of Randy. He's got a lot of momentum right now.

Very cool.

- Simmons/Raiders:
I can't help but think Orton will take Simmons out, too.

- Christian interview:
They've done a great job selling Orton's actions.

Strong build for the main event!

- Bianca/Peyton/Ruby:
Ooh that shot at Ruby's win-loss record.

OOOH Liv getting the heat from Peyton, too.

- Peyton vs. Ruby:
Very basic. This was Main Event worthy.

At least Ruby won.

- Andrade/Angel/Vega/Profits:
Good to see the Profits again!

- Profits vs. Andrade/Angel:
I swear if Angel and Andrade lose and tease dissension AGAIN...

Pretty good start.

I'm liking the action in this one.

That was pretty solid. I'm guessing this won't lead to a title match due to the clean loss.

- Post-match:
Pleeeeeease just make up or split already.

- Bayley/Sasha/Kabukis:
HAHAA that shot at how Asuka got the title.

Of course they paint their actions as heroic.

Oh wow. A little surprised to see Stephanie back. I have a bad feeling that means we're going to see a lot of her going forward.

I like that stiuplation.

- Bayley vs. Sane:
Good fire here from Kairi.

Wow Sane has really been underutilized given how good she is.

These two are working together well.

This is nice!

Ahhhh. Pretty solid. Normally that would put Kairi in line for a title match.

- Shayna interview:
Ha. I liked that.

- Drew interview:
I mean, he could have just told everyone what's next during that interview?

- Drew/Dolph:
It was a clever if unoriginal stipulation.

AHHHHH of course a jab at Dolph never getting it done.

Oh. Oh great. Ziggler's not done yet.

I mean seriously how many chances can Dolph get? If this were a legitimate sport he would have been dropped as a contender a long time ago.

Ziggler fittingly desperate for someone who loses the big one so often.

I mean personally I hope the stipulation is Dolph never getting another title shot if he loses. It's time for new faces to emerge. That's the point of hiring all the names who have come through NXT, right?

- Show interview:
Oh yeah Randy has eclipsed his family's accomplishments.

This has been a compelling story.

I love the history lesson.

Ha. I doubt this is the end of Big Show.

- Orton vs. Show:
I like the story to start.

Wow. Looks like Orton has some allies.

OK we're in for the Raiders vs. Angel and Andrade. Makes sense.

Pretty basic wrestling, but I can't say I expected anything else.

Wow. Pretty one-sided affair. Orton effectively neutralized Show.

- Post-match:
Another decimation. I don't see any legend stopping Orton.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment