Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 9, 2020

Great American Bash Night Two Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's special episode of NXT.
- CLR vs. Mia:
Oh I love this start.

I swear kendo sticks are used more in wrestling than their intended purpose.

I like how these two work together.

Ha. I like this spilling out into the crowd.

Personally I think a street fight should be kept distinct from a falls count anywhere match, but I'm probably one of the few people who care.

This is enjoyable!

Heck they might as well have a NXT Hardcore Championship for silly plunder matches. It would give people something to do.

Wow. They're going heavy here.

Looks like something big's coming.

WOWWWWWW great ending.

- Talking heads:
I love this kind of thing.

- CLR/Mia/Gargano:
Wow. Talk about selling. It's a nice change.

That was cool for both women.

- Reed promo:
Feels like a thrown together feud.

- Reed vs. Nese:
Interesting to see Reed do holds.

I like this contrast more than a stereotypical 205 Live match. I continue to be amazed that brand is still a thing.

They work together well.

That was OK enough. One or the other man needs to get momentum instead of being in these thrown together matches.

- Mercedes video:
So um who's her opponent?

- Stone/Aliyah/Shotzi/Dain:
Kind of goofy, honestly.

This is really the best they can do for Dain? Time to trade him to Bruce Prichard.

- Gargano vs. Scott:
I am so ready for Gargano to leave NXT. Both sides need something fresh.

Gargano is a pretty good worker, though.

A little "indie" for my tastes here, but impressive athleticism.

Scott's coming along well.

I like this to show Isaiah can hang with Johnny.

Pretty nice work. They're quite evenly matches.

Pretty good overall.

- Io/Tegan:
I'm curious how Tegan would be if they got behind her as a top name.

Interesting contrast.

- Legado vs. Drake/Breezango:
I like this heel faction's teamwork.

Fun work from Fandango.

Ah yes, of course they'll target the leg.

Drake does well as an underdog face.

That was a fun ending.

- Gargano/CLR:
Ehhhh. Johnny vs. Finn is a marquee match, but both characters feel like they're in holding patterns.

- McIntyre promo:
That's cool as hell.

- Mercedes vs. Santana:
Haha I like Martinez's counters to the flashy acrobatics.

That wasn't bad.

- Priest promo:
Not bad.

- More talking heads:
I love the expert analysis.

- Cole vs. Lee:
Good start. Both men are so good they know one big move won't end it.

I like the story of Cole countering Lee's power.

Good psychology here.

I'm impressed with both men's positive attributes here.

AHHHHH I loved the finger on the rope spot.

This is very good. Both men have grit.

Good false finish with the Last Shot.

I like the second Last Shot not working.

Wowwwww Lee's surviving a lot.

They really established Keith with that ending. Glad to see a fresh direction at the top.

- Post-match:
Now that should be intriguing.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment