Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Great American Bash Night One Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's special episode of NXT.
- Elimination match:
-- Tegan vs. CLR vs. Mia vs. Kai:
Of course the two faces are OK with starting while the heels bail. For what it's worth, any new viewer would see off the bat where everyone is.

I like how they're setting up the switches in who's in the ring.

Good action from everyone.

Everyone's throwing bombs. I like it.

A little surprised CLR went out first. I'm curious if that means she's doing something else later on.

-- Tegan vs. Mia vs. Kai:
I like the urgency here.

For once the double submission spot makes sense. If Tegan taps, that helps Mia.

I like what everyone's bringing to this one.

I'm impressed with this one.

Fitting to go back to Kai vs. Tegan. I could see Raquel getting Dakota the win again.

-- Tegan vs. Kai:
This is delivering. Everyone's fighting like something's at stake.

Solid ending stretch.

- Priest promo:
I want to see Grimes have an ace up his sleeve. Dain?

- Thatcher vs. Oney:
Thatcher's really got something to invest in. He can be a bad, bad man.

I'm enjoying the emphasis on holds.

Neither man is here to have the flashiest, biggest spot. I like it a lot.

Nice stuff all around.

- Post-match:
I love this man. He's intense.

- Kross/Scarlett:
I'm curious who they go after next.

- Rhea vs. Stone/Aliyah:
Honestly Rhea needs something to do for a while so yeah put her with these two.

This is a spectacle, for sure.

I like how this is laid out. Rhea's holding her own.

Wow yeah Stone and Aliyah really feel like a Raw or Smackdown feuding couple gimmick in the making.

This very much feels "main roster"-y in the sense of it being kind of slapstick.

Wowwwww. Big showing.

- Strong promo:
I can't help but think we're in for something really wacky with this match.

- Strong vs. Lumis:
I liked Roderick trying to get the advantage.

Strong is a workhorse.

I like Lumis but he really feels obsolete with Kross also being a madman.

This also feels "main roster" wacky.

This isn't bad as a match. Dexter's benefiting from working with someone this smooth.

I really liked that Strong Hold spot.

Oh yeah do one person beating two back to back for that extra "main roster creative" feel.

Good match, but man can Strong do more. I am all for Strong and Fish joining the SD tag division after Summerslam.

- Lee/Cole:
I am all for pulling the trigger on pushing Keith.

I like Keith respecting all Cole has done.

Haha I like Cole taking credit.

NICE line about undisputed vs. unstoppable.

Good sell.

- Gargano/CLR/Mia/Scott:
Haha glad Candice is playing victim.

I want to see Johnny and Candice move on from NXT after Summerslam. It will be fresh for everyone.

- Legado/Drake/Breezango:
NIIIIIIIIICE. I am all for a lucha reboot.

This man has some real potential.

SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH PLAYA

- Grimes promo:
Hahaha I like his arrogance.

- Mercedes promo:
Good. I'm ready for her to build herself.

- Sasha vs. Io:
Pretty good early.

I like the story going on here.

Nice fire from Io.

They're working with each other well here.

WOWWWWW that sunset flip powerbomb.

AHHHH I love the interference! Looks like this is going to be a tag match at some point.

Pretty solid win.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment