Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Impact Wrestling Reax - 7/21/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.
- EC3 promo:
This is definitely a change from his previous character! I'm glad to see something new, as much as I enjoyed his previous work.

- Bey vs. Mack:
I like how these two work together.

Pretty nice energy to this one.

Bey is doing well given his lack of previous exposure on national TV.

Good agility and power from Mack.

I was pretty impressed with that ending stretch.

- Brothers/Ace/Fulton:
Honestly it's still a surprise to see them in Impact instead of AEW.

Wow they're putting themselves over, huh?

Wow they're already getting their own PPV???

I definitely like Ace and Fulton thinking they're in the same league as the more accomplished guys.

NICE. I liked this turning into a fight instead of even more talking.

- Heath backstage:
Hahaha poor guy only has one name now.

- Rhino/Hernandez:
Of course Rhino was too busy to help Heath get in. Poor Heath.

Simple, but effective to set up a match.

- Bey/Raju:
Hmmmm. Interesting to tease a partnership.

- Kiera/Tasha vs. Havok/Neveah:
Fine action to start.

I like this well enough so far.

Good ending to keep things going.

- Ken/Sami:
Wow. No sympy from Callihan.

I'm curious what's next for these two, and how things changed with MCMG coming in.

- RVD/Katie:
Good that they acknowledged the character change.

We'll see what's next for them.

- Rhino vs. Hernandez:
WOWWWW. Makes me think Hernandez isn't sticking around for long or Rhino's really moving up the card.

- North promo:
Good stuff overall.

- Myers video:
I actually missed this when watching the show and saw it after the fact. I'm curious what he can do in a new environment.

- Purrazzo/Kylie:
I really like this side of Deonna.

AHHHHHH she's outright evil. I love the contrast.

- Edwards/EY:
It is pretty cool to see Eddie acknowledged for all he's done for Impact.

Ooh that shot at Tessa's absence.

WOW. A world title match every week is ambitious!

I really liked Eddie cutting him off before he could gloat.

I like EY being motivated to be a top guy.

Good fight here. I look forward to their future match.

- Moose interview:
Haha I love him making people earn title matches.

AND denying a former world champion a title shot. Such a heel.

- Eddie/Trey:
Another simple, effective segment to establish the babyface champion.

- Moose vs. Bahh:
Fine to remind us who the champ is.

- Post-match:
Simple and effective.

- Brothers/Ace/Fulton/Scum:
Wow Ace has a faction, huh?

Damn. They're clearly not a threat to Karl and Doc.

 - Wrestle House thing:
Impact clearly has a liking for this king of comedy.

Whaaaaaaaaaaatttttt this show was going well.

Oh boy this is going to be a recurring thing. Sigh.

- North vs. MCMG:
It's a little surreal seeing MCMG back in Impact.

This is pretty cool.

MCMG have still got it. Glad they're still delivering.

I'm really enjoying the dynamic here.

I love how the styles mesh here.

MCMG on a roll!

Very impressive teamwork from the challengers.

This has rightly been presented as a major match.

AHHHHHHHH great surprise ending!!!

- Heath arrives:
Wow Rhino really left him out there a long time!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment