Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

Angle update, Questions on a tag team Money In The Bank, Monday Night Cole, TNA bashing, why Raw does so well, and David Otunga, Sin Cara's debut match result, TNA PPV updates, Michael Cole uses gay slur on Twitter, and Seth Rollins talks WWE vs. Indies

First off, I know this news update is pretty late. I didn't know there'd be a sudden uptick of readers looking for more news. I'll try to be more punctual in the future. That being said, in a way this means there's twice the news for today, depending on your perspective.

Let's get started with Saturday's news. Sunday's news will be in the next post.

Kurt Angle gave his side of the story of his arrest via Twitter. I'm glad that he wasn't drunk, but he still shouldn't be drinking while in the driver's seat in a car. What was he going to do when the police helped him out? I think that's the main issue. I've been an Angle fan pretty much since his WWE debut, but I'm kind of worried about him after his issues over the last couple of years.

On to PWInsider.com's questions. First up, what's their/my take on a Money in the Bank match for a shot at the tag team titles? Personally I think it kind of cheapens the concept. WWE's tag team titles aren't exactly high on the list of priorities. And it's not all that difficult to get a shot at them when there are only a few teams there.

More answers and news after the break, including the result of Sin Cara's first WWE match! First though, what about a Raw episode devote exclusively to Michael Cole?

As funny as I find Cole sometimes, I don't think that'd be a good idea. Shows built entirely around one angle don't tend to do all that well. The nWo Nitro comes to mind. People who aren't fans of that angle and want to see something else wouldn't be too pleased.

The next question takes them to task for being so negative about TNA. I fall into a similar category sometimes. I'm being honest about it though. In 2005 or so when I started watching TNA, I loved it. There have definitely been times where I preferred it to WWE, and times where I disliked WWE. That just hasn't shown itself much these past few months. Long story short, don't think I'm out to just bash TNA all the time. Most people aren't, though there are some who love to hate the company. I try to give them a fair shake, but I'm not going to let them (or WWE) go away uncriticized if I feel they deserve the criticism.

Next, is Raw so highly rated because there aren't spoilers for it? I'd say that definitely has an effect, but not a huge one. The biggest guess I've ever heard for a number of fans who follow the business online is 15%, and most other guesses tag that as pretty high. So no, I don't view that as the sole reason it does so well. It's been around a long time, and WWE treats it as its flagship show. Not to mention the great relationship they have with USA. That certainly helps.

Will David Otunga go back to FCW? Maybe. I think everyone else who's been punted from New Nexus has gone back there. It certainly wouldn't hurt.

Judging from the spike in hits from searches lately, a lot of you are interested in this guy, so here's how Sin Cara's debut went (result from PWInsider.com): He beat Primo in just over 11 minutes, using a number of his signature moves. I don't know much about him, having never watched his lucha matches. I'll save my thoughts on him for his TV matches. I won't spoil myself by watching his old matches. Remember that most fans won't have seen him before, so I'm looking at him from that perspective.

Both Slammiversary and Victory Road will be taped in Orlando. It's going to be a while before they go on the road for those, unfortunately.

Michael Cole referred to Josh Mathews as a gay slur on Twitter before removing the post and apologizing. TMZ.com reported on the story. WWE apologized as well, and Cole will take a training session with GLAAD. As long as this doesn't happen from him again, we can indeed move on from this. I hope he learned/learns a lesson here.

FCW wrestler Seth Rollins, formerly ROH Champion Tyler Black, posted about the differences between WWE and the indy scene here.

That's all for Saturday's news. Sunday's will be up sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment