Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Superstars and Impact thoughts- 3/3/11

Read on for my thoughts on tonight's Superstars and the big edition of Impact. Will either look like the clustermess I detailed earlier? Let's find out!

R-Truth's "What's up?" combined with Regal's natural heel attitude is a surefire way to start Superstars.


Santino and Kozlov vs. Ryder and Primo is a natural match in the tag team division to keep both teams in the mix for #1 Contendership.

Wow, we're already at the third match? Not much to comment on this episode. Though I can comment that it's weird (not in a bad way) to see them talk up Sin Cara's past outside the promotion. Then again, since he's never been with a major American promotion, it's not too big of a shock.

I wonder what (if anything) they're building Masters up for. Reks vs. Masters seems to be the only feud where someone could actually move up the card (off the show) at some point.

The Rock's promo is still intense the 3rd time through. Not that I wouldn't like to see a fresh match in its place (as a fan).

On to Impact. I'm a little surprised that they started with something as big as Dixie Carter and Immortal.

I wonder how many fans they got there? It does look bigger than the Impact Zone. Not massive, but a nice big step up. Smart for TNA to take shots to show how much bigger the crowd and building is. I think that taking Impact and PPVs on the road is the biggest step TNA has left to take (other than increasing ratings and buyrates and the like).

I'm just waiting for the swerve here. Who's paying to keep TNA running if not the Carters? Not to mention that the heels have already been dominant most of the time in this storyline.

Good promo by Roode. Best of Fortune for sure.

I was expecting an attack on Bart Scott by Matt Hardy for a second.

So, Dixie's totally out of the picture, but "the network" could still screw with Immortal. I wonder if they'll ever have any representative of the network (fictional or otherwise) make an appearance?

Good to see Beer Money getting a good reaction from non-Impact Zone fans.

I wonder if we'd see Ink Inc. getting this title match if Moore wasn't from NC. It is pretty much faces vs. faces.

I admit being amused by the tuxedo T-shirt. I see an angle brewing with Eric Young.

I wonder how many people in the Fayetteville area are fans of "Jersey Shore".

Wow, that interference spot was BAD. Though it could have been the camera angle that made it look so mistimed. What a weak ending to a supposedly important match.

Nice continuity with The Shore vs. The Beautiful People.

Angelina spoke too quickly in her promo I think. That beatdown was also bad. Can we get a do-over?

Why a 6-way match and not a tag team? This kind of stuff makes my head hurt, though it could have just been misspoken.

That promo was why I'd have Young getting whacked with a guitar and knocked serious. So, who will be in the cake?

I thought that Jeremy Borash was performing the ritual when I first saw that guy.

Angle takes out Jarrett before the renewal even takes place? Who would have seen that coming? They could have done that one better, definitely.

Ugh. I wasn't expecting much from Terry vs. Steiner, but I also wasn't expecting Terry to submit to the much older star. So what do they do from here? They've established that Terry isn't a threat to Steiner or Matt Morgan, so they're not really doing him any favors. Steiner still has some gas in the tank, but this wasn't a good use for him. What do they really gain from him dominating Terry?

I have never heard of Bellator, and this appearance didn't make me want to start watching it.

I didn't like the Hogan-Anderson segment. And I'd say that even without them ignoring the cameraman that they absolutely had to see.

The second renewal segment really dragged I think. Did anyone else think of American Psycho when they saw Angle with an axe in a suit?

I'm not really in the mood to think of a Shelton Benjamin joke about Bart Scott interacting with Kurt Angle, and someone would probably find that racist to do.

I like the idea of the screens moving down then up for entrances. Pretty cool looking.

Cool new look for Sting. Would it be wrong for me to assume this means that his character will be slightly different since he's not wearing the trenchcoat or black and white?

This is a bit of a dream match, since it's a major WCW star and someone who became a big WWE star.

Yeah, this wasn't a very good match. A match of this magnitude deserves better.

To sum up my feelings on Sting winning the World Title for an 11th time in one emoticon: :/ . They could have at least held off to the PPV. Not that I'd be for it either way. I'm more disappointed than upset. Though I guess I could say that about this show (some would say the whole company) in general.

There was some ok stuff here, but I was hoping for better. There were a number of head-scratching moves too. We'll see where it goes from here. They've got a lot of stories rushed or crammed together, and hopefully Victory Road starts the untangling process. I don't expect any big positive changes in TNA with how this show was booked, but they could always surprise me.

Anything else I say at this point would just be "they really wasted an opportunity here" and "it doesn't seem like they're planning long-term" type stuff, which is pretty normal when reviewing TNA. So I'll wrap this up here. I'll be back tomorrow for thoughts on Smackdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment