Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Smackdown thoughts- 3/18/11

Tonight, the World Heavyweight Champion Edge and his childhood friend Christian team up as they go for their 8th WWE Tag Team Championship. Will Edge be bringing two titles into WrestleMania? Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.
Either WWE made a mix-up or I did because they're now advertising a different match for the main event tonight. Apparently it was them. Not sure what happened there.

The "fortress of aptitude" or "attitude" - nice Superman reference.

So is Clay officially part of the Smackdown roster or is it like Alex Riley's situation? He still needs work, so I hope he's also in FCW.

That dropkick spot was awesome. I wonder where Christian fits in at WrestleMania.

That main event will be awesome. I think you always give a good amount of build to cage matches, and they could have just made it where if anyone interfered, the person who they helped would lose their spot at Mania, BUT I like this match from a fan perspective.

I also think you should have a reason to have Raw wrestlers on Smackdown, but I like this match from a fan perspective too.

I think these two guys are part of the future of WWE. And I like that. Though I wonder what they're doing in 2 1/2 weeks as well.

I do remember when Kane and Big Show were Tag Team Champions a few years back. They split up and feuded shortly thereafter.

The Kane-Show interaction was odd, but somehow worked.

He's not Dashing anymore, remember. I think they could actually bring that gimmick back when they turn him face down the line and play it like DDP's motivational speaker character from 2002 I think it was.

I like this new gimmick. Wrestling in street clothes is particularly unique. I wish he would have cut a promo before the match took place about Trent's "good looks" and how he'll take them away or something.

I really like the interviews with Shawn Michaels, coupled with the relevant clips.

Michelle McCool did her job well on commentary.

Does anyone think that Gabriel and Slater have a chance against Kane and Big Show?

I ALMOST thought we were getting new tag team champions there. I probably would have gone with Jackson and Barrett causing the DQ instead of Kane and Show almost beating the champs.

I was worried about Barrett being able to do Wasteland on Show after what happened when he tried it on Henry.

Nice beatdown. This is the most dominant I've seen these guys in this feud.

The "An-Cole" Lock? Nice. They do a really good job with his character, except when they use it in too many segments.

Good match, though a little short for my liking.

I was expecting Cody Rhodes to lay out Mysterio as he was walking down the hall here. Or on the way to the ring.

Ted DiBiase's still a Raw guy, right? At least this match has purpose as he's Rhodes' ex-partner. But of course they don't mention that for some reason.

I wonder what Ricardo Rodriguez is saying in his introductions other than "Alberto Del RRRRRRIIIIIIOOOOO".

Conor O'Brien should have a cage match so they can throw out the "rat in a cage" line.

Matt Striker would likely have pointed out that Christian going into the cage shoulder-first makes him weaker for the Cross-armbreaker.

Del Rio's playing his role perfectly in this one. Christian's always solid.

The "stand on Christian's back" spot and Christian on his back on top of the cage were particularly innovative. Pretty cool finish as well.

Heck of an ending to the show, with Del Rio setting up Edge's arm for his finishing move.

That's it for this edition of Smackdown. I'll be back for more thoughts on Monday's Raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment