Total Pageviews

Friday, March 25, 2011

Smackdown thoughts- 3/25/11

It's 9 nights away from the biggest show of the year, and this is one of the final shows before WrestleMania 27 occurs. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.
I know it's used fairly frequently, but I don't mind the "you can't touch each other until WrestleMania" stipulation. The GM shouldn't want his big main event being put in jeopardy by the men fighting tonight.

Mysterio and Punk had an awesome feud last year. They match up really well.

I enjoyed this match, and the post-match beatdown by Rhodes was stellar. They really have an opportunity to do something with Rhodes here.

Going from Christian-Del Rio in a cage to just Christian-Del Rio this week is a little silly. Christian vs. Brodus Clay with Edge and Del Rio in their corners would have made more sense to me.

I've pretty much given up on the idea that McIntyre will be at WrestleMania. Same with Kofi. I guess Christian and Clay will be saved for the main event.

Laycool's impersonations of Snooki are kind of funny, I have to admit. Good post-match promo, too.

I think I've heard that WrestleMania song enough times now.

We need to see more of Ezekiel Jackson in the ring. It's always one of the other three wrestling. But I guess that keeps interest up for when he does wrestle.

Two future World Champions I think in this match. At least I hope so.

I guess this is how WWE will get the Intercontinental Champion on the card at WrestleMania. When they actually make a match involving him that is. I guess I'm ok with him being Intercontinental Champion for a while, since the top heel role is already taken by Del Rio. Ezekiel with that title and Barrett going for the World Championship would be a cool scenario, but next Sunday should be Del Rio's day in the sun. And WWE needs to build up some faces in the midcard here to feud with The Corre.

I wonder what Triple H and Undertaker will do after WrestleMania? If they continue the feud, what do they move on to next? It's like they both came back just for this match and could very well just disappear again afterward.

Another Sin Cara vignette. I'm surprised the commentators don't mention him more. My guess, given who he's facing when he debuts at house shows, is that he'll show up the night after Mania and face off with C.M. Punk. But you never know.

More Raw stars on Smackdown. No wonder so many talents are only on Superstars.

Heel Cole continues to antagonize. The fans can't wait for him to be decked by Lawler and/or Stone Cold,

That bump by R-Truth over the top rope looked nasty. It also looked more likely to cause head injury than a chair shot.

Cole's post-match promo was also appropriately irritating.

Awesome ending to the show. The crowd popped pretty well for Christian winning.

I almost expected a Christian heel turn, but I'm glad we didn't get it. I like how they're using him.

That's it for my thoughts on this show. I'll be back for more on Raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment