Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

Questions on TNA's schedule, Divas being slighted, and Tiffany, Michael Cole interview, update on Angle's arrest, WWE website re-designed, Live Event guest hosts, new WWE trademarks, and Hall not at HoF

There wasn't as much news on Sunday, and the first story I came across was the questions sent in to PWInsider.com. So here's my take on them:

The first two I don't have anything to add to, as they would know more about it than I would. As far as TNA talents leaving the company if they took Impact on the road, it's tough to say. I don't know if the TNA wrestlers are on the road as many days as WWE "entertainers", but the schedule isn't a picnic. Some talents do live nearer to Orlando than other places they'd have to go, so it could have some effect. You never know. They'd probably get more independent talent to work tryout matches if they didn't have to fly there, though.

The next question's more complicated. The logic of having Snooki wrestle next Sunday is that people will be more interested in her competing in the ring than just appearing ringside. I miss MITB, too, but I see why they're saving it for its own event. And I also wish that the Divas division was more prominent. Not just at Mania, but overall. It could use an uplift.

The last question asks what former WWE Diva Tiffany is up to. They say that she's completely removed from the wrestling business. I know that she was recently on the DivaMania tour, but other than that I can't find anything as far as upcoming appearances or anything. Her website has an address for bookings, but the site's still in progress, so I don't know how accurate that is.

Now that that research is done, let's move on other news after the break. Michael Cole has a rare interview with his hometown newspaper for starters!

Here's the brief interview with Cole, out of character. I'm glad he's not taking the boos personally, which have gone on for YEARS.

The Associated Press has more on Kurt Angle's recent arrest. Note the inconsistencies between the official story and Angle's claims. On a side note, I wonder how long it will be before this is mentioned on-screen in TNA.

WWE.com has been re-designed. I personally think that it's pretty cool looking. It even links to different performers' social media pages!

Road Warrior Animal, Ricky Steamboat, and Dusty Rhodes have been all been recruited to guest host some live events for WWE in May. Nice move. I hope that we see more of that and that it helps attendance.

Here are some new trademarks that WWE has registered:
Team Bring It (for use with Rock merchandise, meaning that he can't use it independently of them)
Bigger Badder Better (which will likely be used for live events)
WWE Capitol Punishment, which is replacing Fatal 4 Way (they still have the trademark for that event though)
Child Proof, which will be a WWE Films title
and Tyson Kidd. I'm not sure why it took them so long to get that one trademarked! An independent wrestler or promotion (or even TNA) could have scooped that one up and legally used it. He's been in video games and all that, so that's pretty bizarre.

Scott Hall has decided against going to Shawn Michaels' Hall of Fame induction, due to wanting to stay way from the party atmosphere.

That's all for Sunday's news. I'll post Monday's after midnight following Raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment