Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Questions on The Rock, Daniel Bryan, Orton, Winter, and Matt Hardy, Bateman surgery, TNA departure, Batista-MMA update, and Tiffany talks

It's kind of late, so let's jump right into it with a look at PWInsider.com's questions:
1. I also thought that The Rock looked smaller (more trim) than he did when he was last in WWE. Not that that's a bad thing. He looks to be in really good shape.

2. I don't really see Cole's commentary having that negative of an impact in how we see Daniel Bryan, since most DB fans hate Cole and don't give him any credibility anyway. In fact, in some ways I think it's helped him to be such a target by Cole. Not to mention that the face announcers constantly  take up Bryan's defense and bash Cole. Speaking from past experience as a mark, having a heel announcer rip on a face only made me hate the announcer more, and like the face more.

Questions 3-5 and more news after the break!
3. Orton is a major babyface because the crowd likes what he does. He's been booked well. His character cuts those kind of promos and just because the viper stuff annoys you doesn't mean that it isn't getting over huge. That's what's important. Not to mention that it's not his call who he does and doesn't put over. That being said, I do see the "Stone Cold lite" criticism. Though I think that that charge could be more easily leveled at Mr. Anderson, who goes out of his way to promote himself as an "asshole" and even has the camo cap and black T-shirt. But I digress.

4. I don't see why they'd want to push Winter as Dixie Carter's daughter. I do see some resemblance, though. If we get that down the line; I'm blaming you, anonymous questioner. That story actually wouldn't shock me, as someone (Hogan, Bischoff, Jarrett) could use that fact to blackmail her.

5. I don't know if Tenay was taking a shot at Hardy's weight on Impact or not, but I'm sure that some online fans popped at the comment even if it was an unintentional jab.

NXT Rookie Derrick Bateman recently had knee surgery. He'll almost certainly continue wrestling in FCW when it heals.

Update: He is expected to miss 2-4 weeks of ring time. Nothing major.

Jimmy Hart is done with TNA for the time being as he will work for WWE in WrestleMania season.

Batista could make his MMA debut in the UK this May.

Former WWE Diva Tiffany talks about Playboy, WWE, and the assault charges that were once against her here. Interesting that in referring to the security guard and (previously) WWE, she believes that this was a vendetta against herself and/or her husband. Not really sure what to make of that.

That's all for Wednesday's news. Now to wrap my head around TNA's booking to try to do a preview for tomorrow's show.

No comments:

Post a Comment