Total Pageviews

Monday, March 21, 2011

Raw thoughts- 3/21/11

It's WrestleMania Rewind night on Raw! We get rematches from past Manias as WWE builds hype for this year's big event in Atlanta. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

Cole continues to evade King and stay safe in his Cole Mine. I can't really think of another way to keep him on commentary (unless he does it in the back on tape delay or something) and not have a run-in with King. And he's still visible on-screen so it's easy for him to interact with others nearby if need be. I wonder what they used for his facr?


Ted DiBiase interrupting Triple H is a nice change of pace. I guess him getting beat up by a WrestleMania headliner is better than not being on TV at all (or being beat up by people we only see on Superstars).

The HHH-Taker feud isn't as big as the matches with HBK for me. A lot of that has to do with the fact that they pretty much just returned and started feuding with no build-up. It's just like "Hey, Taker's back. Triple H attacked him. It's a big deal." The Shawn Michaels videos have been good. It feels like the same old song and dance between the actual match participants, though.

There has to be something better to do for both of these guys going into WrestleMania.Well, they do now. For Sheamus at least. I wouldn't have minded a Fatal 4 Way with Bourne and DiBiase. But, they both just got thrashed so I don't see it happening.

While the start of the interview was a little bizarre, I liked Orton's comments.

It's hard to believe that this heel is the same Maryse who used to check in on Smackdown from a bathtub.

And this is why more people don't care about Divas' matches. The match was fine other than Cole's distraction.

I had actually forgotten about the "tag team champs can be on any show" rule, with so many people appearing on both sides these days.

Maybe we get an 8-man tag next Sunday? I don't think Kane and Show need 2 more guys to be a threat to The Corre.

I was really expecting Kane to deck Santino and/or Kozlov there. Or for Santino to raise Show's and Kane's hands like they took out The Corre together. But it makes sense that they went the route they did.

Jerry Lawler had a great facial expression once he took out Swagger. I don't think King-Cole will last long. Maybe longer than King-Taz at ECW One Night Stand, but I don't see it going too long unless they go the Vince McMahon-Bret Hart route.

That Trish magazine cover: Wow.

I'm a little surprised that Trish is showing up this much. This is practically a mini-return.

I wonder if Trish has any of her old wrestling gear? She's still wrestling in street clothes (?) except for her boots.

Vickie pinning Morrison is interesting. A good set up for the faces to get their revenge at the PPV too.

AWESOME video to promote HHH-Taker. This is how you "behind-the-scenes" documentary stuff, TNA. Sparingly as well. I hope we get a "Streak" DVD when all's said and done for Taker.

Kind of weird that we only got one WrestleMania flashback match.

If that was supposed to be Randy Orton's wife, I think it was a different woman from who played her last time. I liked the angle nonetheless.

They're loading up next week's show.

That title is kind of ridiculous. It's funny in theory, but using it "for real" going forward's a little much for me. Hopefully we get a good revamp of the title when Miz loses it. It needs to look more prestigious.

Hey, Cena technically was live via satellite.

Nice ending to the show. I'm looking forward to next week's.

That's all for my Raw thoughts. I'll be back for some on NXT tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment