Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Questions on Bruno Sammartino, Husky Harris, Eve Torres, and Taker's streak, Cyborg, Orton, and Tough Enough updates, Hogan Q&A, and a Joey Styles comment

Not much news today, but PWInsider.com has some questions as always. The first one is about whether Bruno Sammartino will ever accept WWE's offer to go into their Hall of Fame. I certainly hope so, but there isn't any indication that he will. Bret Hart was able to overcome his grievances with WWE; I wish he would, too. Then again, I wish just about every wrestling-related beef will come to an end. I wonder if they'd be able to get permission after he passes away. As far as I know, they don't actually HAVE to have permission to put him in, but would want him to make an appearance. If I had a wrestling Hall of Fame, he'd definitely be a shoo-in.

Husky Harris was taken out of Nexus to sell the punt by Orton and to send him back to FCW for more training. I haven't read anything about a match between The Corre and Nexus at WrestleMania. It wouldn't make much sense as two heel groups going at it. Otunga, McGillicutty, and Ryan vs. Slater, Gabriel, and Jackson (Since Punk is already facing Orton)? I don't know how many fans would be interested in that one, but I wouldn't rule it out either. It could be a Tag Team Title match (excluding a Nexus member and Jackson) possibly also involving Santino and Kozlov. But this is just me throwing around ideas.

More questions and news examined after the break!

There's not much to add to the question about Eve. Just remember that in WWE (and TNA, and most other major promotions throughout history), how good of a worker you are only gets you so far. You could say the same thing about acting come to think of it. Eve has what they're looking for in a champion, so she's champion. Twilight might not be the best-acted movie in the world, but there's a lot of merchandise to be sold off of it so they keep making it.

I'll go with their answer on the Rumble. As far as Taker's streak goes, I remember reading somewhere that he offered to let Kane end it both times they faced off as a gesture of respect to him, but I don't remember if it was from a credible source/website or not. For some reason, I remember thinking that Randy Orton was going to end the streak years ago. It sounds absurd now, but I guess I wasn't fully transitioned to "smart mark" yet. I don't think there was anything credible pointing in that direction.

Strikeforce officials say that female MMA star "Cyborg" is still under contract to them and not going anywhere.

Taking a page from Bret Hart's book, Hulk Hogan had a Twitter Q&A, recapped here. The Mr. America gimmick actually did get a push, including a win on PPV. Hogan left WWE shortly thereafter for reasons he detailed here.

Randy Orton was given some nights off recently from house shows.

Joey Styles had this to say about announcing in WWE:
WM 23 was my favorite b/c Taz and I called the ECW Originals' WM win. It was the only WWE match call that meant anything to me.

He definitely lives and breathes (pre-WWE) ECW. I wonder if he'll get any heat for that remark.

Rey Mysterio was involved in a taping for Tough Enough, and Chuck Palumbo visited. The contestants are definitely getting a talented group of individuals working with them.

There's really nothing else in today's news that I find  relevant enough to comment on that isn't an unfounded rumor. If a rumor is promoted by a major site (PWInsider.com mainly) then I'll mention it, but otherwise I won't. With the sheer number of rumors out there, I'd be spending a LOT of time saying "this isn't proven" etc. and that'd be awfully repetitive.

So that's it for tonight. More news to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment