Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

NXT thoughts- 3/29/11

It's Tuesday night and that means it's time for the latest episode of NXT: Redemption. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

I'm glad that Novak dropped the white tights. He needs all the help at standing out that he can get.

And Saxton gives us NXT's second "Over The Top" reference during arm wrestling contests.

I like the hand sanitizer from Lucky. I don't really care who's the best arm wrestler. I want to be entertained by a good worker with a nice gimmick. Novak was funny, too.

Titus is a strong guy. We knew this. So this didn't accomplish much.

Does anyone really think that Cena, Triple H, or Undertaker will be on this show? Though they advertised Cena once, plans were changed.

A six-man tag isn't the best way to evaluate these guys. Having to take notes on 6 superstars at once isn't easy.

More promos. Not surprising.

I've mentioned it plenty of times, but I legitimately wonder what we'll see from Triple H and The Undertaker after this Sunday. I don't think that Taker's 100% recovered from his injuries months ago, and HHH is more involved in a backstage role.

If anyone's wondering, I'm doing Tough Enough thoughts as a separate column from Raw. I think it's big enough to warrant that. The only reason I keep Superstars and Impact together is because my thoughts on the former show are generally brief.

I wonder how many people would have been upset if WWE made the teams based on race. I'm sure someone would complain, even if it was still faces vs. heels.

At least we didn't get too much in the way of bad challenges this week.

And that's it. The show rolls on. With all the stuff going on with Mania and Tough Enough, this season isn't much to write home about. But I'll continue to cover it. Someone's got to go home eventually, right? When they do, I'll bring back rankings and tiers for how I see the rookies. Until then, that's it for tonight's NXT thoughts. I'll be back for Superstars and Impact on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment